X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Must read "Could save ya life"

Please check this out Guys n Gals
    http://www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when tho !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

good find Jess
    we all take it for granted on stuff we use and don't bother reading the warnings.
    It's when things like this get put on a public forum/ internet that you stop and think
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i messed around with stuff to do that
      ya would never beleave what ya can do with a few house hold cleaners
      industrial chemicals are easyer to use but house hold stuff is just has deadly
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

To be honest the bloke only has himself to blame for the severity of poisoning. If I had read what sort of gasses I had inhaled and suffered the symtoms he felt in the first few hours I would have been off to the hospital like a scalded cat!
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

batterys give off a toxic gas too when thery are on charge

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            To be honest the bloke only has himself to blame for the severity of poisoning. If I had read what sort of gasses I had inhaled and suffered the symtoms he felt in the first few hours I would have been off to the hospital like a scalded cat!
            thats very true,he should of got medical advice asap instead of sitting at the computer reading up on the effects.Especially to wait over a week before going to the A&E.
            Part from the above it does pay to read the warnings on the bottles,cans etc and if we don't then it is our own fault if we get ill by any effects from it

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
              batterys give off a toxic gas too when thery are on charge
              Biohazzard always gives off a toxic gas and he's never on charge......

Comment

[QUOTE=stormforce;569336]Biohazzard always gives off a toxic gas and he's never on charge......[/QUO

[

Comment

And if matey had Biohazzard around him he would of felt those effects he got within a few minuits lmao

Comment

It's funny how all chemicals used in industry are regulated and registered COSHH.
                    But household stuff and other over the counter stuff can be just as deadly.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

In the "olden" days, when I was a lad, you got fire extinguishers with Carbon Tet in them. Once it was realised that throwing this on a fire could create phosgene, I think they vanished off the scene. Phosgene was used by the Germans during WW1. Nasty Stuff indeed. I think it combines with water in the body to make hydrochloric acid , or an acid of some kind, and a gas, either C0 or C02.
                      I know COSHH and MSDS sheets can lean towards boring, but theres a lesson here for sure.

Bogus
                      Сви можемо

Comment

I very quickly read COSHH Certs, but I always read the MSDS very carefully, just in case the COSHH assessor has missed something!

The story here is a prime example of the need to use the right tool for the right job.

For those that don't know:

COSHH - Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
                        MSDS - Material Safety Data Sheets (one of the things the COSHH assessment uses)
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                          It's funny how all chemicals used in industry are regulated and registered COSHH.
                          But household stuff and other over the counter stuff can be just as deadly.
                          I think the reason for that, is,that in the workplace, your employer can be held accountable ( i.e sued, punished) and while no employer wants to hurt you,that is mainly because of the consequences to them.

Having said that, in industries where " household" products are used, you will find generic MSDS sheets and COSSH appraisals around. Offshore caterers will have all that in place for floor cleaners, lavvy duck/ soap powder etc. Id guess hotels do the same.

Bogus
                          Сви можемо

Comment

When I was driving a truck I used to collect 2 ingreadents for a well know cough medicene, one was highly inflamable and the other was spontainiously combustable when mixed with air above a certain temperture.You were not allowed to go through the dartford tunnel or through london.Yet when mixed together with the rest of the cough medicene ingreadients they are perfectly safe. Makes you wonder what else you swallow in the name of sceince.
                            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                              Biohazzard always gives off a toxic gas and he's never on charge......
                              Oi i resemble that remark ......... there is a whole section in the COSHH (2002) regs just about me
                              Last edited by BioHazard; 16 August 2009, 08:17.
                              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                              X