Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus

No not the swine type but the pc type. Anyone heard of teatimer x as a virus as it keeps shutting my pc down about 3 or 4 times in a 2 hour span. Have run spybot, mcfee as well but cant seem to get rid of it. Any clues you bright and brainy lot.

Does it only shut the PC down when you're browsing?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

This is a useful utility for some malware:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Comment

i just googled it and its a count down timer which can be downloaded free
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

are you sure its teatimer thats shutting down your pc as teatimer exe is part of spybot service??
          if your after a decent anti virus for free download avast, its free to use and better than others which cost a fortune

Comment

try iobit 360 or iobit advanced system care
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Does it only shut the PC down when you're browsing?
              Yes it seems to, then a box comes up with teatimer exe in and it shuts down the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
                Yes it seems to, then a box comes up with teatimer exe in and it shuts down the computer.
                I recall seeing that somewhere before, Firefox I think? But I can't recall where I saw it. Have you Googled it?

We have an IT superhero in here, I'm sure he'll be along soon to help you out.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
                  No not the swine type but the pc type. Anyone heard of teatimer x as a virus as it keeps shutting my pc down about 3 or 4 times in a 2 hour span. Have run spybot, mcfee as well but cant seem to get rid of it. Any clues you bright and brainy lot.
                  Mitsy

Teatimer.exe is part of spybot and used to monitor for spyware attacks in real time.

Do a search on your machine for the executable file. This file should be found in your spybot folder under C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe If there are any other copies i suspect they are the one's causing the issue, and should be moved/deleted

Try uninstalling Spybot from your PC and see what happens afterwards. If your PC still keeps closing down then you may have a virus that is masquerading as the spybot file.

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                    Mitsy

Teatimer.exe is part of spybot and used to monitor for spyware attacks in real time.

Do a search on your machine for the executable file. This file should be found in your spybot folder under C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe If there are any other copies i suspect they are the one's causing the issue, and should be moved/deleted

Try uninstalling Spybot from your PC and see what happens afterwards. If your PC still keeps closing down then you may have a virus that is masquerading as the spybot file.
                    Ok will do cheers dude.

Comment

Ask Google about "combofix" it will pretty much get rid of anything nasty

Comment

Working...
                      X