Rear Axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axles

Was driving around the other day in my GF's volvo and its very low to the ground. Being so low, i started to notice rear axles on a few pickups, 4x4's and most are really skinny and weak looking compared to the Surf. Made me feel very confident in the build of my Toy. Just an observation, i thought i'd share.
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

I took my half shafts to a local garage recently to get the bearings changed and the guy who picked them up though they were out of a lorry!
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
      I took my half shafts to a local garage recently to get the bearings changed and the guy who picked them up though they were out of a lorry!
      You realise how heavy duty these motors are when you try and get a socket for the front wheel bearings. The only things that are normally that size are trucks. Where I got mine from they listed the 54mm socket as being applicable to LDV trucks.

Cheers

Comment

People happy run small block chevys though Toyota T/cases and rear axles for years, they are bullet proof in general use. Front axle CV's and manual gearboxes are the weak point when using high horsepower.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X