she got a little hot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• she got a little hot...

i soon found out that my caravan is a bit of a stretch for my surf.... every steep hill guage went up on way to and from cornwall,especially today to the point where it near emptied rad on way back,im pretty sure my stat is sticking a little to,so anyways best place for an atf cooler?tia
    Last edited by darkdezigns; 10 August 2009, 21:49.

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
    i soon found out that my caravan is a bit of a stretch for my caravan....

Comment

lmfao god im tired

Comment

i soon found out that my caravan is a bit of a stretch for my caravan.... every steep hill guage went up on way to and from cornwall,especially today to the point where it near emptied rad on way back,im pretty sure my stat is sticking a little to,so anyways best place for an atf cooler?tia

Shouldn't that be SURF ???

edit - not the only one to notice, don't you just hate it when someone else posts while your writing
        Last edited by sv1000spilot; 10 August 2009, 21:52.
        My other cars a QUAD
        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
          Shouldn't that be SURF ???
          yes changed now boss

Comment

could be stat or rad cap. if the rad cant hold the pressure it wont keep it cool.

new stat, new rad and inspect the state of the water / hoses / rad at same time
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              could be stat or rad cap. if the rad cant hold the pressure it wont keep it cool.

new stat, new rad and inspect the state of the water / hoses / rad at same time
              cheers mate i was gonna do stat and cap anyways,pretty sure cap is fine tho,when i took expansion cap off the hose from rad had steam pouring from it,plus as it sits now it just has water,little or no coolant in it

Comment

cheers mate i was gonna do stat and cap anyways,pretty sure cap is fine tho,when i took expansion cap off the hose from rad had steam pouring from it,plus as it sits now it just has water,little or no coolant in it
                technically, pure water should cool the engine down better than a mix of water and antifreeze/coolant.
                but the antifreeze stuff stops corrosion so best to keep some in there.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

My truck gets hot when towing the trailer with a surf on.It gets hot on the bigger hills.But saying that i have not serviced the truck for a long time especially after my trip up to see Bushy when the temp was in the red and the atf light was on.That was a mighty big hill i pulled 3 ton up tho.
                  My truck has never been the same since i blew the turbo 3 years ago.The top end is rattly/tappy but i haven't got round to stripping the head to re-shim it.The truck has been totally abused and negleted but it still runs ok tho apart from the mior bits i mentioned
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    My truck gets hot when towing the trailer with a surf on.It gets hot on the bigger hills.But saying that i have not serviced the truck for a long time especially after my trip up to see Bushy when the temp was in the red and the atf light was on.That was a mighty big hill i pulled 3 ton up tho.
                    My truck has never been the same since i blew the turbo 3 years ago.The top end is rattly/tappy but i haven't got round to stripping the head to re-shim it.The truck has been totally abused and negleted but it still runs ok tho apart from the mior bits i mentioned
                    i had a garage strip my 2.4 to fix a something that wasnt there. i wanted the valve shims checked and done if necessary but i was conned into having my head removed.
                    when they put the head back on, they never got rid of an air lock, so the truck got hot. PLUS they didnt re-shim it propperly (or at all) as the noise is still there, although is quieter.
                    my theory is they measured valve 1 and 2 and then used the same measurements for the other 6.
                    im G-ing myself up to go and remove the head to do it myself.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I don't think you have to remove the head to do it.Wolf did his on his truck before i bought it.All he did was to remove the rocker cover a crankshaft and then did what ever it was needed
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi Dieselboy,

I'm sure, that I've read some where you don't need
                        to remove the head to re-shim the valves, do a search
                        and I'm sure it will turn up.
                        hope this helps

Gman.
                        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

it can be done with the head still on. but i dont know if the head gasket now needs replacing because it got hot.
                          the truck has been sitting for almost a year, and when i started it up the other week, it needed 3 litres of water. i know i was fighting an air lock before the crash, but can 3 litres of water evaporate over 2 summers and a winter? or.. may be the air lock had settled over that time sitting there and thats why it needed the extra water.. bit puzzling.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                          X