No announcement yet.

For the intersted stargazers (persids)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the intersted stargazers (persids)

If you are not that well informed we are just about entering the trail of a comet and also the persids. this will generate meteor showers for the next few nights peaking on the 12th August, and for those of you with VHF SSB receivers you may hear what sounds like someone whistling from time to time. These are meteor ionizing trails as they enter the upper atmosphere to burn up. Radio Hams love this event as they can bounce signals off the trails to extend the VHF/UHF contacts distance. Have fun for the next few nights.
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

We just need some clear sky to watch it.
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

plenty of clear skys around me this year so ill be keeping my eyes open for the perseids. sadly i dont have an SSB radio any longer but ill be keeping tabs with my scanner.

if anyone has an SSB radio for sale dont hesitate to drop me a line

Comment

Glad I kept my SSB from the old days .....

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

which part of the sky is it visable i.e. north south east west or staight up?
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

http://iya2009.com/perseid-meteor-sh...n-tuesday.html

read it mate from what i know its all ovr the sky? but iam proberly wrong
            perseid is a good event saw one years ago
            perseid is the right spelling too
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

More info here:

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...rseids2009.htm

Above: Looking northeast around midnight on August 11th-12th. The red dot is the Perseid radiant. Although Perseid meteors can appear in any part of the sky, all of their tails will point back to the radiant

Comment

jst been outside but i cannt see anything like whats in your diagram, where's the windmill and the red markers all i can see is stars and clouds. lol
                Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
                  jst been outside but i cannt see anything like whats in your diagram, where's the windmill and the red markers all i can see is stars and clouds. lol
                  PMSL

Comment

Working...
                  X