Do Buyers Ever Use Google....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Buyers Ever Use Google....

...... or any other search engine, come to that, before buying?

Today I've been looking for an MP3 player for my dad. Saw one on Amazon for £35 that would suit him perfectly, had a look on Ebay and bought the exact same one for £25 inc postage.

I'm looking for a 1tb external hard drive to store films on, the WD My Book is £74 delivered from Amazon, on Ebay the same one just sold for £76 plus £9.99 postage! Some 'Buy It Nows' are priced at £88.90!

Just goes to show that a little research can save you a lot of money.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I'm a bit anal when it comes to buying stuff....I have to know that I have the absolute best bargain I can get.

I go through pricerunner.co.uk, dealtime.co.uk, kelkoo sometimes....and yes...I google it just to see if anyone else out there has it cheaper.

...then...when I have the lowest price...I'll go to the place I want to buy it from (local shop maybe so that you can take it back if necessary) and ask if they will price match to the internet (some still do).

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      ...... or any other search engine, come to that, before buying?

Today I've been looking for an MP3 player for my dad. Saw one on Amazon for £35 that would suit him perfectly, had a look on Ebay and bought the exact same one for £25 inc postage.

I'm looking for a 1tb external hard drive to store films on, the WD My Book is £74 delivered from Amazon, on Ebay the same one just sold for £76 plus £9.99 postage! Some 'Buy It Nows' are priced at £88.90!

Just goes to show that a little research can save you a lot of money.
      Hi Scorpion

Have a look on the Maplins web site....They have a 1Tb external for £79.99 and assuming you are pretty close to one of their stores,you wouldn't have any postage and if it fails you can have it replaced that day
      Hope this helps
      Cheers
      Paul

Comment

Thanks for the tip Paul. Thing is I'm being a bit of a tart here as I want the WD one to match the WD Media player I bought a week ago! No other reason than esthetic value (oh, and the WD drive has had a great write up by numerous buyers)!

Comment

Tesco 1TB drive - Iomega - £69.97
          My other cars a QUAD
          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
            Tesco 1TB drive - Iomega - £69.97
            Again, thanks for the tip. Only trouble is that it's white and the TV, home cinema surround sound system, Virgin cable box, glass storage unit and the WD media player are black!

If anyone finds a WD Mybook Essentials 1tb drive for less than £74 delivered please let me know!

Comment

Working...
            X