standard tyres question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standard tyres question

what are the standard tyre sizes for a 2.4 with 15 inch alloys...
    these ones make me bounce too much.

Originally posted by Brooke
    what are the standard tyre sizes for a 2.4 with 15 inch alloys...
    these ones make me bounce too much.
    Mine came with 31 x 10.5 x 15s.Maybe you need new shockies.

Neville

Comment

running on the old bf goodies it was spot on but went 2 sizes bigger and b**gered the job up,just looking for budget tyres to see me over but dont know the size?.
      hard and soft works well but just want standard tyres so the missus dont complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke
        running on the old bf goodies it was spot on but went 2 sizes bigger and b**gered the job up,just looking for budget tyres to see me over but dont know the size?.
        hard and soft works well but just want standard tyres so the missus dont complain.
        For the widebody, the standar size is 265/70/15. Factory option is 31x10.5x15.

Not sure on the narrow body what the standard size is.

You may want to play about with the tyre pressures. I'm running 35 in my 31s, used to run 33 in my 265/70s

Cheers

Comment

Our 2.4 came with 215/70/15's on but they run 31x10.50x15's very well.

If you want a cheap tyre that runs well on the road (for the wife) and yet would still let you lane a bit what about some Kumho All Terrains (822 model). They're not very agressive, we've had very good results with Kumho tyres in the past.
          Just bought 4 of these for a friend - cost £280 for 4 fitted and balanced.

Last edited by Linda; 19 May 2004, 22:18.
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Think some surfs came with 215/??/15. Have also seen 235/??/15 on one 2nd gen.

Comment

Standard tyres for the early 2nd generation 2.4 diesel were Bridgestone 30 9.50 15's on 6JJ chromed steel rims.

Comment

thanks everyone yet again....
                been out with grin factor 12 today (200) miles covered and got used to it.
                and dont they turn heads?.....(not that i noticed).

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                  Think some surfs came with 215/??/15. Have also seen 235/??/15 on one 2nd gen.
                  Mine came with 225/70/15, attached photo, after looking at lots of other surfs with 265,s and 31,s. they seem to look better and be higher off the ground, but pulled along side one with 265,s and they were both the same hieght, still think the ones with 265 and 31,s look better than mine. what do yous think?

Kevin
                  Attached Files
                  95, SSRX, TD, AUTO,

Comment

looks ok to me................

im just thinking of the wife...(honest)

now all i need is some off roading under my belt...

Comment

Isn't 265/70/?15 just the metric equivalent of 31/10.5/15 ?
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by bear
                        Mine came with 225/70/15, attached photo, after looking at lots of other surfs with 265,s and 31,s. they seem to look better and be higher off the ground, but pulled along side one with 265,s and they were both the same hieght, still think the ones with 265 and 31,s look better than mine. what do yous think?

Kevin
                        I think they look miles better with the bigger tyres!!
                        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

So do i!
                          Derek :
                          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                          [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Working...
                          X