MPG off-road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPG off-road?

Probably a daft question but has anyone calculated what mpg they get on a 2.4 auto on a demanding day`s off-roading? I`ve only had my baby a couple of months and i`m still keen on the pristine shiny look at the moment and haven`t ventured off road with it yet. The other reason is the other half. Over the last few years i have systematicly wrecked a few landies and a suzi off roading and i`m sure she would go ballistic if i did the same to the surf. Decisions, decisions! Do i go out to play or keep the wife?...........hmmm!!,,,..TEM PTING!

Ken.
    God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

Originally posted by whitehawk
    Probably a daft question but has anyone calculated what mpg they get on a 2.4 auto on a demanding day`s off-roading? I`ve only had my baby a couple of months and i`m still keen on the pristine shiny look at the moment and haven`t ventured off road with it yet. The other reason is the other half. Over the last few years i have systematicly wrecked a few landies and a suzi off roading and i`m sure she would go ballistic if i did the same to the surf. Decisions, decisions! Do i go out to play or keep the wife?...........hmmm!!,,,..TEM PTING!

Ken.
    Go and play!!!! Forget the MPG - bound to be worse than on the motorway!! Surfs are tough and built to be MUDDY!!!!!
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

all i do is fill it up and hope it lasts!... if we go to the pit i can usually fill up, drive there, go all day and still have enough to get home and work for the week...
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Make sure that you fill it up before a days off roading, extra weight on the back helps traction and stops the rear end bouncing so much.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
          Make sure that you fill it up before a days off roading, extra weight on the back helps traction and stops the rear end bouncing so much.

Cheers
          and makes sure you can get up the steep hills, diesel starvation at the top of a hill loverrrly
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by lucky

Cheers
            and if you have to spend the night... you'll have no heater!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
            X