Fitting a baby seat to a '96 surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting a baby seat to a '96 surf?

we have a carry baby seat that fits the wifes focus by means of a seat belt across it then around the back.

It will not go in the back of the surf as the seat belt is around 5/6ins too short.

Any ideas anyone

get a baby seat that fits both.

mine was a tight fit... if i reclined the seat and then put the child seat in it would 'just' go.

tried getting seatbelt extensions and all sorts, but no joy.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Yeah I can just get it in if I recline the seat, but its a mega tight fit and looks dodgy.
      We just bought a travel system with pram etc....but the carry seat will not fit into a base as it's not compatible.

Don't really want to fork out for another seat/base

Comment

Well, I guess you'll have to take it back to where you got it from and say it doesn't fit if you don't want to fork out for another seat.

If you do decide to buy another seat you can pick them up pretty cheap if you keep your eyes peeled. We got a birth - 4 years seat from Argos for £30 a couple of months back. Thats not even the price of half a tank of fuel these days... Jobs a good 'un.

Comment

hey i just had the same problem with my SURF and i have bought a small booster seat lookin thing that the lap part of the belt goes over(but lower down) and the car seat snaps down and locks into it then the belt fits round easier i can get the seat fitted and removed in about 30 seconds lol it helps when its raining bad

Comment

Working...
          X