Craziest eBay rule yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post

here's an item number... don't wanna post a direct link here.
    how much for sega rally and sonic?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      how much for sega rally and sonic?
      make us an offer...

I honestly don't know what they're going for these days.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

We've stopped using ebay/paypal due to excessive fees and daft rules its also full of scammers, pikeys n crooks now so best left alone imo. H

Comment

I honestly don't have an issue with this particular eBay 'enhancement'. I prefer to keep my P&P charges realistic anyway.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            I honestly don't have an issue with this particular eBay 'enhancement'. I prefer to keep my P&P charges realistic anyway.
            Ill second that, if it wasn't for unscrupulous sellers hiking up postage in the first place we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99 View Post
              It's about time E-bay did something about silly postage fees.
              Ebay does not care about the buyer. They never have. They just want to make money out of it. High postage fees were just a way to avoid Ebay fees. The seller usually had a very low price and the high postage. That way, he made more money from the transaction, without ripping of the buyer.

Nev

Comment

I,m going to agree with Albannach and Animal here, and to a certain extent with Nev too although I,m not sure there are as many vendors with the low price, high postage ethos as Nev indicates. There are plenty ( in the BIN category) with what I would consider a "fair price" followed by excessive p&p.and many in the bidding category with a fair price reserve and excessive postage.
                I,m going to disagree with Hazzo. Theres no doubt that ebay has its scam artists , footpads and vagabonds, but on the whole most sellers and buyers are essentially fair minded people.Like any other market place, ebay has to be used wisely. It opens up a huge market, where you can buy things that you were never going to get on your doorstep and there are bargains to be had too. I recenly got hold of two Aussenspiegels ( door/wing mirrors) in the right colour ( Farbcode 904) for my old LHD Merc, from ebay Germany, which I was never going to find from a UK breaker or from local small ads. Ive also sold a few unwanted items, and got a price I was happy with, while the buyer got a bargain. Overall I,m a fan and if the owners are making a handsome profit, I suppose Im OK with that too. They have a business model that seems to work for most.

Bogus
                Сви можемо

Comment

Don't forget that a lot of the Hong Kong sellers charge massive postge, but sell the goods very cheaply. The overall price was still cheaper than buying the goods here. That way they've been getting round customs fee's, which you may now have to pay.
                  My other cars a QUAD
                  (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                  http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

A few years ago, a friend of mine bought an in-dash DVD player from Hong Kong for 99p!!! The postage was getting on for £40, and the unit wasn't Kenwood quality though it worked fine, and essentially was something that was at minimum £150 in the UK.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

For stuff like DVDs, games, etc, why not just use one of fleabays competitors? Zolanta, etc...

The mother-in-law uses Zolanta for selling second hand books & craft stuff and makes more money than selling on fleabay (which she also does cos fleabay simply has the most users).

Or maybe try searching (not using google cos they're affiliated with ebay I believe?!) for auction sites and pick a site that looks ok. Advertise the games/DVD auctions on a usenet group (something like uk.rec.films or uk.rec.games or similar - you should be able to find them through Google Groups).

HTH.

Purely for ease of sale I'm chucking a load of stuff on fleabay over the weekend actually (couple of motorbikes, old cricket gear, old rabbit hutch, etc) cos I need to make some money to get by over the summer...

Rusty.

Comment

don't s'pose anyone's intersted in a 10ft inflatable dinghy with 8hp 2 stroke outboard perchance?

hehehe!!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post

here's an item number... don't wanna post a direct link here.

had a look on there how much you after for your little boat

Comment

Originally posted by rob24 View Post
                            had a look on there how much you after for your little boat
                            reserve's £449... looking to get up to £600

the boat's probably not worth a lot itself, it all works, but the outboard's only 4 yr old and hardly used, i only used it once last year and apart from starting it up the other week, it's been sat in the garage gathering dust.

Comment

Working...
                            X