Craziest eBay rule yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craziest eBay rule yet!

i'm trying to sell some old DVDs Blu Ray discs and PS3 games... created a listing... BUT...

P&P cost in this category can't be more than £0.00
    they've banned p+p charges on computer games and DVDs!!
    WTF!!???

so if i set a 99p start price, and i only get 1 bidder... i pay 90p postage and 13p for a jiffy bag... that's me out of pocket!!... what's going on???
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
    i'm trying to sell some old DVDs Blu Ray discs and PS3 games... created a listing... BUT...

they've banned p+p charges on computer games and DVDs!!
    WTF!!???

so if i set a 99p start price, and i only get 1 bidder... i pay 90p postage and 13p for a jiffy bag... that's me out of pocket!!... what's going on???
    could you start the auction at say £1.99 - ( P+P costs +99p) and state free P+P in the auction - or add a statement to the effect of "final price will be subject to P+P @ £1.03"

I know there's no right way of doing it - but I'll bet every body starts doing something to make back postage costs.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

It's to stop people charging £4.99 to post out 99p DVDs. Sellers now have to factor in Fees and P&P to the total price. This means buyers don't get fleeced and can see, up front, exactly what they will be paying.

eBay don't charge fees on P&P so they were losing out, it makes good business sense to maximise the business' income.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

i've had to start it at £2.00...

it's crap... 99p start usually attracts more bidders.

maybe it's so we have to pay listing fees!... 99p start is a free listing and £2.00 costs 10p to list!!

i know people inflate their postage prices to save on eBay fees, but that's eBay's greed shooting themselves in the foot!

Comment

I guess you could put it on as 99p with a 2.00 reserve?

Comment

reserve price costs money
            anything over 99p start costs money
            i have to pay a final value fee of 10% on the whole ammount.

soon we'll be giving all our stuff to ebay along with a few quid for them to sell and keep the money!

well, i got some items listed... i'll just see how they go!

Comment

linky?

Comment

[QUOTE=da SLUG man;566233]i'm trying to sell some old DVDs Blu Ray discs and PS3 games... created a listing... BUT...

what games and blue ray dvd's have you got as ive got quite a collection and i might want some of them

Comment

It's about time E-bay did something about silly postage fees.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99 View Post
                    It's about time E-bay did something about silly postage fees.
                    u say that but think about it as andy said above it makes sense to ebay cause the more u get for final price the more they get,so they are saying sod yr postage we will have some of that too

Comment

Easy solution - dont use ebay.

As others have said though, ebay now make money on hidden postage fees too. They are as bent as a bent thing.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

they're making money through the Paypal royal mail/parcelforce links too!!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                          linky?

here's an item number... don't wanna post a direct link here.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                            they're making money through the Paypal royal mail/parcelforce links too!!
                            I'm only jealous because I don't own it.

Have a look at Amazon. I sell more there than I do on eBay nowadays. Their selling fees can be a bit more, but they don't charge for listing. They tell you up front what you'll get when the item sells. But remember to factor in postage to your price. What they give you isn't enough!
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Last time i tried amazon for games, you had to be an approved dealer? (or approved seller?)...

Comment

Working...
                              X