No announcement yet.

European Memory Map (or similar)......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Memory Map (or similar)......

Hello,

Assuming it exists, has anyone got European Memory Map - France, Spain and Andorra in particular - or is there some download available that will work with my laptop gps.

Would love to record where we go up in those Pyrenees - routes will be shared when I get back............

that is, assuming I don't win the lottery, then you'll not see me again (but you will hear from me lol)

EDIT - MM off the official site is more than I would like to pay !
    Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 28 July 2009, 14:13.
    Another member of the 'A' team

I haven't, but I downloaded France and Spain onto my Garmin last night for free as .img files. Routable too!

Cant remember the name of the site, but will post it up later if its any use to anyone.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Good man.

I have found a few torrent downloads but they arn't playing.........plus I hate downloading them (virus in the past).

Comment

Microsoft autoroute will run on laptop with GPS system and give you route planning.

I think it will also keep a track of where you've been.

If using a laptop, what do you use as GPS locator?
        My other cars a QUAD
        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I've got a USB GPS dongle that plugs in and has software to allow different mapping programmes to see it

Works well enough, got it off ebay a couple of years ago

Comment

Does the software you have not keep a track log of some form? Just wondering as you could dowload them at a later date and overlay them onto google maps / earth.

If you let me know the make and model of dongle i'll have a look at see if any of the GPS software i've got will talk to it and either map as you go or save a track log for later use.

Can let you have autoroute (think it 2005), bit out of date but probably better than nothing.
            My other cars a QUAD
            (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
            http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

This is the link for the free mapping site
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
              X