replacing front speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing front speakers

can anyone tell me if these speakers on offer in Lidle tomorrow will directly swap for either the front or rear speakers without any cutting or hassle. If not, can you tell me what i need for the front as my son has blown them, they sound like a fa*t**g machine if up to high. http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...y_Speakers.ar5

Although ive just put a lovely Aldi radio in, apart from a little grinding down of the dash it was a straight swap, so if the speaker swap is trick, as much detail as poss please.
    thanks in advance.
    nigel
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

The front speakers are only 4" so these will be to big to go where they normall go.You could fit them to the door pockets tho.You can normally get decent speakers from argos or halfords for about £20 -£30 which are 4"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

ive squeezed 6x9s in my dash but it wasnt fun and i wouldnt reccomend it,several hours with a dremel,but god they are loud

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        The front speakers are only 4" so these will be to big to go where they normall go.You could fit them to the door pockets tho.You can normally get decent speakers from argos or halfords for about £20 -£30 which are 4"
        would these do the job, nothinf fancy but the ones there now look as if they are foam covered, these have a grill on then so can i remove the grill and just plonk them in. sorry not very wise on car audio but ill have a go
        http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...5707_langId_-1

first ones, the cheapest
        Last edited by nigel129; 26 July 2009, 10:53.

Comment

waiting to go to argos or halfords if anyone can confirm suitability

Comment

i just fitted the kenwood ones in my truck.I took the lower dash panel out to get to the speaker and took the old speaker out the housing and put the kenwood in its place and they been ok since.I don't know where you would mount the front grille tho if you wanted to fit them aswell.It would be better to just take the old ones out and see which way you can fit the new ones that you prefer yourself

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              i just fitted the kenwood ones in my truck.I took the lower dash panel out to get to the speaker and took the old speaker out the housing and put the kenwood in its place and they been ok since.I don't know where you would mount the front grille tho if you wanted to fit them aswell.It would be better to just take the old ones out and see which way you can fit the new ones that you prefer yourself

have i got to be carefull how many mounting screws are on the new ones, i notice some have 4 and some 2, i ask because if thet fit in a housing will 2 extra get in the way. sorry for questions first but dont want to take dash off to look as cant drive with it off to go pick some up
              thanks
              nigel

Comment

You will only need to take the lower part of the dash below the steering wheel to access the speakers so you'll be able to drive the truck still.I thing i only put 2 screws in to hold the new speakers any way

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  ive squeezed 6x9s in my dash but it wasnt fun and i wouldnt reccomend it,several hours with a dremel,but god they are loud
                  Pictures please. I'm struggling to find a place to put my Crystal 4s!
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

4 inch ones will go straight in,stop worrying,if yr still concerned go take glove box out and lower part of dash that side and go to halfords with it

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      Pictures please. I'm struggling to find a place to put my Crystal 4s!
                      i didnt do pics as it wasnt exactly pretty to say the last,rest assured u wouldn't like it,just fit 4 inch ones

Comment

4 inch ones will go straight in,stop worrying,if yr still concerned go take glove box out and lower part of dash that side and go to halfords with it

Ahhhh so thats where the other one is, saw the one under the steering wheel when changing the radio, but had so much hassle with the radio, i didnt dare muck with the speakers at the time. Im sure the radio had FLU as it was a SWINE to fit

Comment

i didnt do pics as it wasnt exactly pretty to say the last,rest assured u wouldn't like it,just fit 4 inch ones
                          I take it you fitted them in the sides of the pods?
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

whats a pod, does that affect me ????

Comment

hmmm kinda lost pods,speakers went in kinda diagonal lol

Comment

Working...
                              X