how pleased am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how pleased am I?

very pleased with me truck, been for a weeks holiday down to Hayle in Cornwall, 328 miles each way plus running around whilst down there so cleared just over 700 miles in all. The beast took everything the british weather could throw at it, both on the way there and on the way back plus being parked on top of the cliffs taking the weather there and it didn't miss a beat, it was loaded up to the roof, including an extra 40 litres of bio and 2 cases of beer amongst other things, in the boot, engine temp never went above 85 degrees pulled well when needed and cruised well also and after 5hrs of driving I felt as fresh as a daisy! what a comfy car!

I'm not selling my surf!

hope you enjoyed the nice Cornish weather.
    You never even called in to say hello as you were only 3 mile down the road
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

We'd drop in if we knew where you lived !

PS
      Where do we get the pasties from ?????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I'm in Camborne and the bestest pasties are in Hayle at Philp's

Comment

Originally posted by mickyd View Post
          very pleased with me truck, been for a weeks holiday down to Hayle in Cornwall, 328 miles each way plus running around whilst down there so cleared just over 700 miles in all. The beast took everything the british weather could throw at it, both on the way there and on the way back plus being parked on top of the cliffs taking the weather there and it didn't miss a beat, it was loaded up to the roof, including an extra 40 litres of bio and 2 cases of beer amongst other things, in the boot, engine temp never went above 85 degrees pulled well when needed and cruised well also and after 5hrs of driving I felt as fresh as a daisy! what a comfy car!

I'm not selling my surf!
          So it should - it's a 3.0L TD.

Comment

I did say to my mrs that there were a few members down this way and upon seeing the sign for camborne that did ring a bell but couldn't remember which one of you guys it was, if I knew you were that close I'd have popped in to see if you had a window motor, not urgent tho I'll get in touch soon mr stormforce.

Comment

hi

hi i am in liverpool and went to st ives bay holiday park for 2 weeks with a full truck 2 adults 4 kids trailer and hade no problems at all took me 9 hours to get home but felt good when got here what a car will be kiping mine 2 m8 best i have ever had

Comment

The beast took everything the british weather could throw at it,
                I'm glad I'm in Scotland. We've had no Snow, hail, gales, frost, freezing temperatures or torrential rain for months...
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  I'm glad I'm in Scotland. We've had no Snow, hail, gales, frost, freezing temperatures or torrential rain for months...
                  im glad u live in scotland too

Comment

I'm not selling my surf!
                    Yikes, I sold mine!
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

ah, but when yo live in hertfordshire, you get used to having no weather days, it's either warm or drizzly rain or just overcast, what we got on our trip to Cornwall was the heavens opening, I've rarely seen rain and wind like it, with thunder and lightning thrown in aswell. So to us, we got everything thrown at us.

Comment

ah, but when yo live in hertfordshire, you get used to having no weather days, it's either warm or drizzly rain or just overcast, what we got on our trip to Cornwall was the heavens opening, I've rarely seen rain and wind like it, with thunder and lightning thrown in aswell. So to us, we got everything thrown at us.
                        Think you picked the wrong week for the holiday cause its nice here now.
                        Just give a shout when you need a motor Mike.

Comment

although the weather wasn't particularly hot, the weather didn't spoil anything, the worst was on the way to and from Cornwall and some over night but we got a few nice days on the beach and the Haven site staff kept the kids occupied, overall a lovely part of the country that we will visit again.
                          Weather is supposed to be bad again tomorrow (sunday).

no rush for the motor stormy, It's a temperamental O/S/R window motor, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, bummer when it gets stuck halfway down tho. let me recover from me hols and 'll contact you then

Comment

I remember that haven site when there was only about 60 mobile homes on there and now theres something like about 400 and the site is massive.
                            It'll make a change to actually supply a motor for the o/s tho.
                            You'll have to give us a shout next time your down this way

Comment

Riviere sands was the site we stayed at, drive up past the Bucket of Blood pub, apparently the site is 50 years old this year, all the caravans look fairly new and we were nicely put second row back from the cliff top with a great view.

next time we are down that way, of course I'll pop in for a chat and a pastie.
                              Last edited by mickyd; 25 July 2009, 10:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X