ss rear exhaust pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ss rear exhaust pipe

having recently discovered that my rear exhaust pipe was virtually non existant, completely eaten through down one side of its length and only held together with the flange on the back box and the end sticking out under the bumper, the only rear pipe that appears to be available is for the four runner which has a small box in it which fouled the the tow hitch frame work so would not fit, i had a stainless one custom made built on the surf for £120.00 which was cheaper than the four runner one in ordinary steel. incidently the guy who fabricated the pipe said he had never seen such a burnt out rear pipe like mine and that there must be some sort of hot spots to cause such a mess.

If you get the rear pipe from a manual, there is no box..dunno why but mine is a 3.0l auto and has had this pipe on for ages..

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=159

Mine was rotting too (flexi & centre section) so i jus removed the lot from the front flange (jus before the flexi) back. T'is louder, but not overly anti-social. I'll make up a custom one when i get some spare time and money

Comment

Working...
    X