Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickens and Babies

Guys,
    A bit of random help from all those chicken loves on here.

I have a 6month old baby and was wondering if its ok for her to come into contact with chickens.

Our neighbours have about 8 chickens (in a very small garden but thats another issue) and one keeps escaping into our garden. I have notrhing against chickens and dont mind handling them but should I be careful with my baby?

I dont know much about chickens and what (if anything) they carry (anything from fleas to just their skin and feathers).

I realise this sounds very wimpy and pathetic and most of me says that there should be no problem but I cant find anything on the interne. The boss is worrying a bit and i cant convice her otherwise at the moment as I cant find anything.

Cheers
    Chris

Safe as houses. Ask on one of the poultry forums if you dont believe me!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Yeah pretty safe just don't let her eat any poo.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Here you go read this - might help

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/chicken_...ow-am-paniking

How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Thank you very much guys,
          A great help.
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms View Post
            Guys,
            A bit of random help from all those chicken loves on here.
            Is it me? That seems one of the funniest lines I've ever read on this forum lol

Why not just shoot the chicken? Problem solved!
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
              Is it me? That seems one of the funniest lines I've ever read on this forum lol

Why not just shoot the chicken? Problem solved!
              How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

an interesting question, are you allowed to shot it if it wanders onto your property. I like chicken!

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms View Post
                  an interesting question, are you allowed to shot it if it wanders onto your property. I like chicken!
                  Yes as its not classed as domesticated.
                  BUT if its one of mine my missus would shoot you and believe me she can shoot and has access to my gun cabinet lol.

I cant see any probs apart from the poo issue to the initial q.I have chicks,chook,ducks and pheasants and loads of youngsters come into contact with them and never known any probs.In fact i have a white pheasant chick that lives in the living room at the mo.-eccentric o/h i think its called lol

Comment

I've seen children on farms live way past 6 months, I reckon you'll be ok.

As for killing it, not 100% sure you can; if you know who's it is.
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

If it's on you property shoot it! Same as if it was a local kid trespassing.
                      Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X