yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Does Your Rev Counter Read at 70MPH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K i have a 93 k reg 2nd gen auto that revs at just under 3000 rpm with the overdrive in and i am doing 110km/h sorry dont have mph speedo , with the o/d out i dont push it to that speed as the revs would be stupidly high

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      If your getting more Revs per MPH as read on the speedo, your clutch is slipping.

You mean torque convertor ????

I get 3200 ish at 70
      [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

i got a 93 2.4Td auto 2nd gen Does just over 2500 with O/D on at 70 mph well i hope it still does when i get it back from garage
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
          i got a 93 2.4Td auto 2nd gen Does just over 2500 with O/D on at 70 mph well i hope it still does when i get it back from garage
          I wonder if when these Surfs came from the factory, another option was the choice of diff ratio. It would seem to make sense because of all the differences. It would also actually be a sensible option for a change from a manufacturer, you can tune the behaviour of the car to suit the sort of driving you are going to do. City driving, why have tall ratios, motorway cruising - need it a bit more relaxed.

Cheers

Comment

good thinking but the speed limit in japan is 60mph thats when the bells start ringing
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

[QUOTE=lucky]I wonder if when these Surfs came from the factory, another option was the choice of diff ratio. It would seem to make sense because of all the differences. It would also actually be a sensible option for a change from a manufacturer, you can tune the behaviour of the car to suit the sort of driving you are going to do. City driving, why have tall ratios, motorway cruising - need it a bit more relaxed.

Cheers[/QUOTE

Oh well I stirred up some debate with this one.

There is a diff code on the chassis plate. Might be an idea to see how they translate into ratios. I've also read that some don't seem to notice any difference between o/d on or off. My revs drop by about 1k when I select overdrive.
              Trans/Axle A343F G144

It's only a hobby!

Comment

Mine does 70mph at just under 2500rpm. It does 85 at 3000.

As for overdrive it changes the pattern of gear changes and it isn't as simple as increasing the rev's.

e.g. If I am booting it to overtake at around 70mph with the overdrive off and then I switch it back on it actually increases the rev's - wierd huh!?
                If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

I put mine up to 3000 revs on the way home tonight and the speedo indicated 94mph, thankfully I was on the private section of the M60 and not on a public highway were I could'nt condone such excesive speed.
                  70mph comes in at around 2400 rpm. Never yet been over 3500 revs in top so wonder going downhill, following wind and no load, just what is the top end?

Fish
                  If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

my overdrive is on at low speeds if i take over drive off at say 40 ish it will drop a gear dont think it is suppose to be like that when does all your over drive kick in???????
                    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by rich
                      Mine does 70mph at just under 2500rpm. It does 85 at 3000.

As for overdrive it changes the pattern of gear changes and it isn't as simple as increasing the rev's.

e.g. If I am booting it to overtake at around 70mph with the overdrive off and then I switch it back on it actually increases the rev's - wierd huh!?
                      I think that the Overdrive doesn't operate like that, it just switches off top gear. The ECT button changes the gear pattern - holds it in gear longer.

Cheers

Comment

I've checked mine again today just to be sure and I'm showing about 2350 rpm at an indicated 70 mph, O/D on and about 2600 at an indicated 80 mph. That's on a 93 3.0L TD auto. I think my speedo may be a little slow but I seem to be keeping at about the same speed as the traffic at 70. I'll check it against the wife's Polo one day to compare.
                        Mike G

Comment

Yes, just re-read that, didn't make any sense and was not what I meant.

Try again

"As for overdrive I think it changes the pattern of the revs as well as using/not using the extra gear.

e.g. If I am booting it to overtake at around 70mph with the overdrive off and then I switch it back on it actually increases the rev's before changing into OD - wierd huh!?"

Originally posted by lucky
                          I think that the Overdrive doesn't operate like that, it just switches off top gear. The ECT button changes the gear pattern - holds it in gear longer.

Cheers
                          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Revs

My Mk 3 1996 SSR-G Intercooler with supperchip, dosse 2200 revs at 70

4 Runner

Comment

I can't vote, there's no 2.7 option.

Comment

2000 revs @ 70mph (3rd gen 3.0L TD auto).

Comment

Working...
                                X