advice on suspension and tyres...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on suspension and tyres...

should i run it on the road with soft or hard setting?...
    what is the tyre preasures?.

Originally posted by Brooke
    The Yokoham Geolanders @ 265/70R15's had pressure at 29psi all round....the 31x10.5/15's have 35 psi.

I would think you would use the Hard Setting on Motorways....and maybe when a trailer on the back so you don't bounce too much.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 17 May 2004, 23:15.
    Gaz

Comment

thanks for the quick reply.
      now i can go and play again tomorrow...

Comment

thanks for the quick reply.
        now i can go and play again tomorrow...

Your welcome....generally by looking on the face of the wheel there normally is an small oval indicating the pressure that should be in the wheel
        Gaz

Comment

Never used Hard on the 2.4, unless loaded up with junk, rode nice on soft. Lindas truck has Procomps so no longer an option.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Never used Hard on the 2.4, unless loaded up with junk, rode nice on soft. Lindas truck has Procomps so no longer an option.

Cheers Tony...thats why I guessed at the Motorway riding..unfortunately it looks as though my suspension has been disabled 4 the fog lights etc.. there are two connectors behind the dash but can't be bothered anymore to take the dash apart and check for Suspension Mode and Idle Up...
            Gaz

Comment

The hard supension setting is handy in high sidewinds. I find it minimises the roll after passing high sided vehicles. I don''t use it so much now I have new springs. Is also handy when doing donuts!
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

I use Hard everywhere except motorways. I prefer the more solid feel. To be honest as far as the handling goes I don't think it actually makes much difference. The Surf handles well going round corners even when on soft - you just need a bit more bottle to cope with the body roll. Anyone who has driven a French MPV will know how to deal with it.

Cheers

Comment

Before my procomps went on I rarely used hard as the ride on soft was great and I didnt have any body roll problems. Now its not an option as Tony said.

I run my 31x10.50x15's at about 32psi on road (although we did run for a while at 40psi due to a dodgy pressure gauge at a brand new BP service station!!!)

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

i don't have the option!.... poor old me!!.... try driving a high sider down the m5 then body roll doesn't bother you! (and if you're scared of heights, drive one over QEII bridge at dartford... loooong way down!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                      i don't have the option!.... poor old me!!.... try driving a high sider down the m5 then body roll doesn't bother you! (and if you're scared of heights, drive one over QEII bridge at dartford... loooong way down!
                      I've driven my lorry over the QE2 bridge a few times - you're right - that was really scary!!!! The sides are so low on the bridge!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X