Aircon Trouble? Been Off Roading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon Trouble? Been Off Roading?

Changed the Auto Transmission fluid today. That meant I had to drop the aircon rad. The last time the truck was in serious mud was last November. There was a solid sandwich of clay/chalk between the bash plate and the rad, which had set like concrete. Could restrict the airflow a bit
    Attached Files
    It's only a hobby!

Check

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Changed the Auto Transmission fluid today. That meant I had to drop the aircon rad. The last time the truck was in serious mud was last November. There was a solid sandwich of clay/chalk between the bash plate and the rad, which had set like concrete. Could restrict the airflow a bit
    Phil check between the rad and the fan cowl (Aircon Rad). Look at Rubblebags,Aircon,Techinical. You can see what was in mine.
    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
      Phil check between the rad and the fan cowl (Aircon Rad). Look at Rubblebags,Aircon,Techinical. You can see what was in mine.
      Cheers Geoff. I have left the bash plate off. It has been "tapped" back into shape and it is in desperate need of a respray. I am going to get in there with the hose tomorrow as the rad is still clogged. At least the big bits are off now. I am down for the Pit on Sunday - why do we do it?
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

and here's a 3rd gen red caked with clay!
        have to take rad out to clean as when you wash out the aircon rad all the mud sits between the 2 and in cowl at back, as the air con rad is vertical in front of the cooling rad
        Attached Files
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Warning to anybody

Dont try to clean your rads with a pressure washer. It benbs the fin tops over and the air flow is restricted. Four hours of straightening them with a jewlers screwdriver is not funny. There are much better things to do on a Sunday afternoon.

Geoff.
          Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Working...
          X