Mpg, Wow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg, Wow.

Filled it to the brim before we went away to the caravan & filled up again tonight, did a total of 662km = 411 miles which = 29.3mpg.

I'd say about 60% was motorway & the rest was general A&B roads + a bit of town driving, ive never driven so long with the fuel light on either "about 30 miles"
    If its not broke don't fix it.

I got 44mpg out of my Jag t'other day was reeeally happy with that..

Im not sure what happened though exactly but it dropped like a stone monday! I had to work at Hampton Court Palace and even with petrol money i think my wages have taken a dent to cover for fuel!

Still bl**dy worth it! especially if i get more work!!

I'd have been over the moon with 29mpg on my old surfs!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Im not sure what happened though exactly but it dropped like a stone monday! I had to work at Hampton Court Palace and even with petrol money i think my wages have taken a dent to cover for fuel!

Ive never had it anywhere near that mpg before but ever since i fit a fuel cat that i got from "PHILIP" a forum member , ive definatly been getting more to the gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
        Filled it to the brim before we went away to the caravan & filled up again tonight, did a total of 662km = 411 miles which = 29.3mpg.

I'd say about 60% was motorway & the rest was general A&B roads + a bit of town driving, ive never driven so long with the fuel light on either "about 30 miles"
        Excellent!
        I've just been working out mine too, towing the caravan I'm getting roughly 25mpg, without the caravan 34mpg.
        I miss the grunt of a diesel, but not the smell. Love the quiet, smoothness of the petrol but not the constant kick-down action for towing up long motorway hills.

Apparently, all Toyotas have a gallon left in the tank as soon as the low fuel light comes on.

Comment

Flipin heck vince, 25 towing a caravan, thats really good.

What would you say the power difference is between mine & yours, i.e acceleration, reason i ask is because im thinking of a new surf but not sure on a petrol.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
            Flipin heck vince, 25 towing a caravan, thats really good.

What would you say the power difference is between mine & yours, i.e acceleration, reason i ask is because im thinking of a new surf but not sure on a petrol.
            Acceleration is instant, even for an auto. Just stomp on the loud pedal and it takes off, no hesitation. Found out the other day that it has some type of traction control fitted too!
            2.7 petrol produces 150bhp compared to the 3.0 diesel's 135 ish? obviously the diesel produces more torque than the petrol.
            Have a drive of one if you can, you won't be dissapointed.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Acceleration is instant, even for an auto. Just stomp on the loud pedal and it takes off, no hesitation. Found out the other day that it has some type of traction control fitted too!
              2.7 petrol produces 150bhp compared to the 3.0 diesel's 135 ish? obviously the diesel produces more torque than the petrol.
              Have a drive of one if you can, you won't be dissapointed.
              Think i'll have a look about this weekend to see if i can find one local to take for a spin, feeling a bit giddy now.

Comment

Fiilled up with Shell Plus stuff tonight, regular diesel was all out - 6% more expensive. I await 6% more MPG but doubt it. Our 3ltr 2nd gen returns 26-28 mpg as a rule. Anyone else got +ve results from Plus grade?
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Rodders
                  I used to get that sort of difference in mpg with the Saab, keep between 60 & 70 on the motorway and 40+ was no problem. Drive around the town in rush hour and I have seen 14mpg but it was usualy 17/18mpg .The big cars dont like stop start and faffing around in traffic.

The best I,ve got out of the Surf is 28 and I had to drive like a saint (for me)
                  to get that and to be honnest I doubt if I will do that again. I was bored shytless. I dont know how the HGV drivers do it. 56mph for mile after mile. I think I,d hang myself.
                  I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Originally posted by DaveHMS View Post
                    Fiilled up with Shell Plus stuff tonight, regular diesel was all out - 6% more expensive. I await 6% more MPG but doubt it. Our 3ltr 2nd gen returns 26-28 mpg as a rule. Anyone else got +ve results from Plus grade?
                    Dave
                    I used to put optimax in the audi & i must admit it did make a difference, i got better acceleration & a bit more mpg although you do have to use it on a regular basis, that was petrol so im not sure about derv.

Comment

I'll post any +ve results.
                      Dave

Comment

I get about 15mpg.

Depressing huh?

Comment

Here's what Hippo did to the gallon

And here's what munching bamboo can do - read it and weep

Trev
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

i get bout 25mpg on average,last year with our old caravan still got 22mpg,i dread to think wot it will be like with our little 7/8 hour drive to cornwall in 3 weeks with the 25ft caravan on the back

Comment

driving to Eastleigh pulling a 500kg trailer i got just over 23mpg
                              on the way home pulling the trailer with a surf on it i was getting just over 20mpg.
                              normal driving without a trailer behind i get about 25mpg
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X