getting hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting hot

Hi all fitted a new lump recently had a few probs but with the help of bushwacker and a few others i finally got it all up and running but not all is right i drove it to wales for me hols and when it came to going up hills the temp gauge went up rather sharpish when on level ground its fine me dad seems to think this could be the hoses collapsing under pressure the rad and thermostat are both new so i dont think they are the cause the hoses are the origional ones from japan and my local parts shop dont stock hoses so once again im after a bit of help any ideas would be helpful cheers george

Is your rad completely clean? (i.e. can you get water from a (gentle) hose to run through the fins from the outside to the inside)

Only really relevant if the rad has been offroaded

Comment

No its a new rad on its first run out

Comment

did you burp the cooling system when you filled it?

Comment

How do you do that. It ran fine for the first 190 miles of the journey then went pear shaped on the hills

Comment

New water pump, rad cap and thermostat
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

The water pump came on the recon lump radcap with the rad and the stats new .The coolant seems to back up into the expansion tank then overflows out overflow

Comment

Is it a new, or the original, clutch/viscous fan assembly?

Comment

origional

Comment

Check that it is operating correctly then. (There's plenty of info already on here regarding that subject, as there also is regarding removing airlocks from the coolant system). Had the water pump been renewed when they reconditioned the engine, or is it the original one?

Comment

check for air locks in the coolant system.as bio has said burp the system.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X