Towequipe....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towequipe....

Well, it appears that a Witter towbar won't fit my Surf, (my exhaust is too big and in the way!) Has anyone got a pic of a Towequipe bar fitted to their Surf?

Many thanks,
    Damian.
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Originally posted by Damian
    Well, it appears that a Witter towbar won't fit my Surf, (my exhaust is too big and in the way!) Has anyone got a pic of a Towequipe bar fitted to their Surf?

Many thanks,
    Damian.
    just ordered one from towequipe not get chance to fit it till weekend but will post what i think and take a piccy if i can........
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Towequipe Towbar

Damian, I fitted a Towequipe towbar to my 3.0 2G in January. These came up on E Bay on an offer of £85 delivered and included the electrics & ball.
      Robust design using a 75mm round tube as the main spar. Instructions were OK, but you must follow them closely as one of the chassis attachment brackets slides inside one of the chassis spars. My Surf uses the underslung spare, which makes the fitting a little more complicated. Didn't have to modify the spare winch assembly as thought possible in the instructions, but had to make a new rear exhaust bracket as the one supplied put too much strain on the exhaust. I also had problems with the main hitch plate rib assembly hitting the bottom of the bumper. Simply elongated some of the side plate holes to drop the assembly down a touch an then pinned the plates in the new position to stop it riding up when towing.
      Have been out on three trips with the Avondale so far and the towbar has been fine, additionally the Surf tows superbly - 3.5 tons all up!

Colin

Comment

Hi
        I bought one of those towbars from towequipe and i found it very good.
        The kit came complete with electrics and 50mm ball, plus all fitting instructions and wiring colour codes for my surf which saved me time having to test the vehicle wiring before tapping into it.

I had to use the extra bracket that came with the kit for the exhaust mount but this seems ok.

Have attached picture of it fiited to my 3.0TD SSR-G 1993
        Attached Files
        1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Comment

Working...
        X