replacement plastic fuel tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement plastic fuel tank?

Is it possible to get a replacement fuel tank in plastic or stainless steel that will fit without to much hassle??
    My flakey fuel problem is back and it sounds like my wvo is reacting with my steel tank and causing these white waxy flakes to accumulate in the tank and block the pick up pipe strainer.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

White waxy residue is from waste oil that has been used to fry/cook meat products.
    Only use wvo that has been used for frying chips or fish only for trouble free use.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      White waxy residue is from waste oil that has been used to fry/cook meat products.
      Only use wvo that has been used for frying chips or fish only for trouble free use.
      Hi Vince,
      By that i presume you are thinking the waxy bits are solidified animal fats?

I thought that a while ago, and have taken numerous sample in clean glass jars and cooled / froze them - hoping to drop out the animals fats - but no - just crystal clear oil. I have added samples of steel to the jars and let them sit for months hoping to replicate the residue - again to no avail.
      the residue is building up on my tank walls - and having done a bit of research on the net - apparently it's due to the acidic nature of wvo/diesel attacking the lining of the tank?? Most fuel tanks have an aluminium lining which can be compromised by the acidic fuell over time?
      how much of this is true in my case, i'm unsure - but now trying to rule out all possibilities before ditching the wvo and investing in a bio plant set up.

I never had any probs with SVO only WVO - so could be down to acidic oil - or like you say - animal fats. But why is it only happening in my fuel tank and not in my recreated sample jars?
      my try getting some aluminium samples to try in my experiment jars.
      Last edited by jaky cakes; 4 July 2009, 13:26.
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
        Is it possible to get a replacement fuel tank in plastic or stainless steel that will fit without to much hassle??
        My flakey fuel problem is back and it sounds like my wvo is reacting with my steel tank and causing these white waxy flakes to accumulate in the tank and block the pick up pipe strainer.
        how about putting a plastic liner in your tank[ pond liner]
        JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Working...
        X