dexron II or III-Which ATF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dexron II or III-Which ATF

Which AFT should I use? 3.0 TD 1kze-te '96. Dipstick says II. technical spec from Roughtrax website says III-Milners wouldn't say as unable to recommend.

Any clues.

Also any links to check correctly? standing cold outside dipstick showing "hot".

Start engine and brake pedal on, go thru selector, reading doesnt change after 5 mins?????

The original spec for the Surf was II but some places no longer stock it - III is fine to use

I believe that the correct way to check it is to get the box warm, stop, run through all gears while stationary and then check it with the engine still running.

Hopefully somebody that knows wtf he's talking about will be along shortly to confirm my beliefs - if not then why would you expect a business consultant to know anything about automatic gearboxes !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

The original spec for the Surf was II but some places no longer stock it - III is fine to use

I believe that the correct way to check it is to get the box warm, stop, run through all gears while stationary and then check it with the engine still running.

Hopefully somebody that knows wtf he's talking about will be along shortly to confirm my beliefs - if not then why would you expect a business consultant to know anything about automatic gearboxes !

spot on bob

Comment

ATF type is engraved on the dipstick.

Comment

From my understanding - III is backward compatible with II so you'll be ok whichever you use.
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
            From my understanding - III is backward compatible with II so you'll be ok whichever you use.
            yes absolutly correct, same as dot 3 and dot 4 etc, just a better form of the same so no harm to be done.

Comment

whatabout biff oils then? Being I'm too laszy an drunked to searfch

LSD and ULSD (unlimited slip diff )
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                whatabout biff oils then? Being I'm too laszy an drunked to searfch

LSD and ULSD (unlimited slip diff )
                check with rod,i understand he knows everything about biffing

Comment

Biffing?!

Comment

Working...
                  X