Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any advice for a newbie?

hey all,

im looking to get my first hilux, ive only got up to 1600 to spend so im a bit limited in my budget. ive seen a 2.5 turbo diesel 93 imported from Japan in 2004 going for just under 1500. it had a full service in Feb and looks in great nick. Now, when i go to view it, anything i should be looking out for in particular? ive heard about overheating problems in some 2.4 models from around this time and a couple of other issues. any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
    Dan

Hi and welcome,, someone more in the know should be along soon to give you some good advice, but look for the usual things, check rad cap for fit and gunge , look underneath to see if its been reguarly greased at the props ball joints etc, if it has leaked from head etc you should be able to see underneath oil etc. Run it for a while watch the temp and any tell tale leaks from head, fuel pump etc, hope this helps, like i say they who know more should be of their sunbeds soon,
    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

hi and welcome.1500 is alot of money for a 2.4.You can get a very good 3.0l for that money now.If you scroll to the bottom of this page then follow the links and you should find all you need there
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

any advice for a newbie?

Yes, don't buy a 2.4

£1500 will buy a good 3:0 diesel.... or you could buy the range topping 150bhp 3:0 V6 Petrol for even less
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
        X