Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of wildlife.....

No....not me behind wheel of Surf....

There is a fox who has been hanging around the gardens for a few weeks. He looked really mangy and I thought he was on his last legs , I gave him a bit of food and he hasn't left since. My neighbour did the same and also went to the local wildlife place and they gave him some stuff to bung in the food to see if it would help. Well , mangy fox or Mox as he's now known is now looking very well. From scabby rear end to baby fluff and now almost proper fur apart from his tail which still looks like a pipe cleaner. he is so funny, I keep trying to get him on video. He has a tennis ball which he keeps on the green opposite and he throws it around like a puppy playing. He is in the garden when I get in from work, as if he's waiting for dinner... and will come within 6 feet of me to eat. I don't want him too trusting as that won't help him at all but it is so wierd to have this wild animal so close... I just thought I'd share it with you coz I thinks it soooooooooo cool...

I can see him from the window of this room.... bless, he's brought me a shoe... wonder who's lost that ...
    Had enough... going to live in Spain....

maybe the shoe belonged to Little Red Ridinghood ,you sure its a Fox Helen ??
    WD40 "He who Thinks Australian"

Comment

Oh yeah.... Alan you should hear them screaming at 3am.... sounds like someone being murdered...

My what big ????? you have...
      That's how we know it's a boy....when he didn't have any hair on his backend.....!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
        Oh yeah.... Alan you should hear them screaming at 3am.... sounds like someone being murdered...

My what big ????? you have...
        That's how we know it's a boy....when he didn't have any hair on his backend.....!!!
        we were swimming in a school outdoor pool after the pub one night and a fox was screaming, some towny called the police and they came down with dogs to search... the strange thing was, they didn't ask why we were all soaking wet in shorts at midnight!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I stumbled across the local police, while walking the dog in the early hours of the morning, who asked me if I had heard a child being mis-treated. Right on cue the fox screaming started and being a country bumpkin I recognised it straight away. They looked a little red faced, especially the dog handler who had just come to make up the numbers. It's so spooky if you don't know what it is.

Have you heard deer, especially the smaller of the species, in the rucking season?
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

The deer in Bushey Park are excellent....
            Squirrels are another noisy lot, they throw bits of twig and stuff too if you get too close to their nest.
            ..... funny how now I live somewhere quiet, all the real nature noises can be heard..... Got an owl too..... Where I lived before , noises heard WERE people being murdered, strangled.... mmmmmm... glad I moved

Comment

Working...
            X