Cardiff, Milleneum stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardiff, Milleneum stadium

I'll be in Cardiff for the FA cup final on saturday. Any tips on where/where not/to park? I've heard it's a nightmare getting away afterwards, so any tips will be appreciated. The official instructions for United fans is to leave M4 at jnc 33, and follow the A4232 to the athletics stadium and get the park and ride. Seems a long way round, but what do I know!!!
    Pete

dont take that compass pete its broken LOL
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      dont take that compass pete its broken LOL
      Leave my red wine compass alone!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
        I'll be in Cardiff for the FA cup final on saturday. Any tips on where/where not/to park? I've heard it's a nightmare getting away afterwards, so any tips will be appreciated. The official instructions for United fans is to leave M4 at jnc 33, and follow the A4232 to the athletics stadium and get the park and ride. Seems a long way round, but what do I know!!!
        Pete
        hey pete,

your best bet is to park in newport and get on a train into cardiff (it'll only cost ya a couple-o-quid). the cardiff train station is almost opposite the stadium. i've done this many times for rugby matches etc. the only time we drive into cardiff is for the speedway GP.
        if i wasn't away fishing at porlock for the weekend, i'd get ya to park here and i'd take ya in meself. if you need any help parking in newport give me a shout and i'll suggest a few places for ya....all free parking of course.

see ya'll
        Planty

Comment

Pete
          you are going the long way around, j32 and a470 is quickest, but it'll be almost impossible to park in the city, and even if you did, you'd be facing big delays getting back out, the quickest and easiest way would be to head north on the a470 toward pontypridd(after you leave the m4), take the next exit (taffs well, you'll see castell coch on your right just as you turn off), and 200m further is the train station (through the lights on the bridge, down the hill, and immediatley right after the telephone exchange), (check train times though as taffs well is a 'minor' route). take train to cardiff central station and you are right by the stadium, watch out for the millwall supporters at the station though, theres always always trouble between cardiff city hooligans and millwall supporters.
          [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

that's not a bad idea simon, but you still gotta get from 24/25 (where the traffic starts to slow down to a crawl) to 32 which is a nightmare. if you live pontypridd / aberdare way, then it's gotta be the best move, if you coming from the severn bridge or down the M50 maybe the newport option is a better bet.......... that's just my opinion mind you.............

see ya'll
            Planty

Comment

Stay at home and shout at the TV like most armchair footballers do.....

note to oneself must go out saturday to avoid the ape next door shouting at the tv who thinks he is the worlds best footballer not
              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

If you do park in Cardiff leave it a good few hours before setting off back.

Better off enjoying the inside of a public house rather than sat in nose to tail traffic.

Took us 6 1/2 hours to get back to Blackpool last time, 3 hours trying to get out of Wales

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
                  If you do park in Cardiff leave it a good few hours before setting off back.

Better off enjoying the inside of a public house rather than sat in nose to tail traffic.

Took us 6 1/2 hours to get back to Blackpool last time, 3 hours trying to get out of Wales
                  it's taken me 4 hrs to get between 2 Mway junctions at cardiff before... had to have a night out in swansea!... what a poo hole that was!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

As a Liverpool fan to a united fan,i hope you and the team get stuck in traffic,poor millwall might have a hope then.

Only kidding,enjoy it mate, I agree with whoever said go out to the pubs in cardiff,its quite nice around the waterfront area.

Comment

I'll be in Cardiff for the FA cup final on saturday. <snip> The official instructions for United <snip> Pete
                      ok, it's just got to be said.......
                      man u fans...... in cardiff....... all together now...
                      "you only live round the corner, live round the coooorner"

have a good day pete, but i hope wisey gets his name in the history books for all the right reasons..........

see ya'll
                      Planty

Comment

Thanks for all the replies fellas, great to see the humour coming out!! Planty, I think we are going with your idea of parking in Newport and catching the train to Cardiff. @ Stara, thanks for your tip, but we like the idea of missing out the busiest stretch of the motorway by going the Newport route.
                        @ kazam401, like yuor idea of spending a few hours in a Cardiff pub before setting off back, but my brother, who is driving, is not so keen. The idea is to get back up north before closing time and celebrate !!

Pete

Comment

Working...
                        X