dentist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dentist...

well im a big girl i have to have the sedation to have anything done,so 11am im gonna have that lovely sedation whilst they take 4 out

I know exactly how you feel mate, i am and always have been $hit scared of the dentists, stems from the old school dentists and a real bad experience when i was 21, used gas then and i'm sure the bstd did'nt give me enough, never experienced pain like that, i should go now as i've two broken teeth but WTF i'll go when it's starts hurting and drives me there, till then sod it,
    you'll be fine tho
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

just bout leave,and cheers ian

Comment

I didn't go to the dentist for 20 years, in the end I had to give in and go with 3 broken infected wisdom teeth and to be honest with you for the 10 secs of pain to remove 3 teeth (yes, thats how long it took!) compared to the pain of not having them treated, I'll be keeping my appointments from now on, dentists are a bit friendlier now but the sound of the drill still makes me squirm now!

Comment

Same as that, i did'nt go back for about 25 years after my bad time then i had to, he had to pull 5 and did it over three visits, first two were fine and just geting my confidence back then on the third visit which was supposed to be the easyist, he only had one to pull plus a filling and it had an absis, nearly went through the cieling, so back to square one confidence wise, it 'd suit me if they would put me to sleep altogether when they do em, i can handel the pain afterwards as ya know it's going to get better, it's the build up before you go that gets me

Comment

I stopped going to the dentist when i reached 16. Only went back at 25 as i was getting married and was told i had to get me teeth sorted! I used to have the sedation thing but was told a few years ago that they could not do that any more. Having been going regularly for the last few years. I used (tolerate it now) to have a bit of a needle phobia and always tell the dentist what a coward i am, normally that results in the young nurse holding my hand and stroking my arm!!!! I am 41 now! I am always concerned that if it hurts i will lash out!

Comment

I hadn't been for a while (when I was 12, a butcher / dentist ripped a load of gum out trying to get a tooth out) but about 5 years ago I was driven there by the pain of a bad back tooth. Never felt a thing in the 30 seconds it took him to remove it! Since then I've been going regularly for my checkups and only needed one filling replacing.

I even went there to have a lump cut out of my lip
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Must admit though, I quite miss the old style dentists. They're way too, well, simpy these days. Used to be a lot better when they gave you no choice as to what was going to happen and any pain you suffered was tough. Just sit there and take it. God, I really do miss that scorn and disdain dentists used to have for every living, breathing thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Must admit though, I quite miss the old style dentists. They're way too, well, simpy these days. Used to be a lot better when they gave you no choice as to what was going to happen and any pain you suffered was tough. Just sit there and take it. God, I really do miss that scorn and disdain dentists used to have for every living, breathing thing.
                  You had the same one as me then

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    You had the same one as me then
                    Same type, it sounds. The most sympathetic he ever got was to say: 'You wouldn't have moved if I'd had a Black & Decker in there'.

Must admit though, can't stand the phaffiness of dentists these days. You ask them what's the best option and all they say is the choice is yours. Hell, if I was trained in dentistry then I'd be a dentist. You ask them for the best course of action because you obviously know sod all about dentistry. Can't do with it, personally. Fill the devil or rip it out. It's not exactly a multitude of options they have, so why do they have to be so indecisive?

Comment

Bunch of wusses .....

I don't bother with pain relief of any sort when I go to the dentist - and before some smartarse says it I HAVEN'T got dentures !

Most of my dental work was done by Army dentists and according to my current dentist (Greek) the standard of work is far above that of the NHS. My most memorable visit was back in 1979 when a very attractive young Captain rubbed her chest all over my arm while she was working - I've no idea what she was doing to my teeth though

PS
                      The reason I don't have pain relief is cos I'm scared shitless of needles !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

You may be well ard regarding pain relief but i bet you cant do an "upright" pooh

Comment

cheers guys,just woke up again,they only took one out this time,i was told they had a little trouble,ang going by the way my gum is cut back about an inch id say so lol,oh well 3 left to go,oh and 2 root filling and 6 normal fillings

Comment

Brave lad, i hope you got your sweet for being good

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                              Brave lad, i hope you got your sweet for being good
                              nope just a 19yr old dental nurse holding my hand

Comment

Working...
                              X