Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to say Hi! & a question

Hi all
    Been viewing this forum for a couple of weeks and it has given me plenty of valuable info on choosing a surf.

Just wanted to say thanks to all for sharing your experiences enabling us newbies to get into the surf with confidence.

Armed with that info I took the plunge last week and bought a fantastic Surf that im well impressed with.

Right on with the avalenche of questions. My Surfs an import and has had the speedo changed to MPH the past MOT certificates show a variation in the speedo readings on the certificates basically 2 show the odometer reading in KM the last 2 show the odometer reading in miles. it is clear from the numbers that it is an admin error but could be read as questionable mileage from a buyers point of view. (something i didnt pick up on when i reviewd the paperwork oops!!!)

Has anybody had experience of negotiaiting with the test centre to record the current odometer as KM's and was it succesfull

Thanks in advance of your replies

Bag Monkey

Welcome to the looney bin
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

sometimes the tester will put the milage(km's) on the cert aswell from when the speedo face was changed then the other reading will be in miles since the speedo was changed
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi mate, I've not had my surf long and when I bought mine some of the past MOT certificates have mileage listed as miles and some have km's, at the end of the day we know that it reads in kilometers, just with a mph speedo face, so it didn't bother me as if any questions are asked you can prove it is counting km's and it was an MOT testers error, just drive a proven distance of 10 miles and the trip meter should count to just over 16 km's.
        hope this helps

Comment

To get your MOT in Km's you have to visit your local VOSA office, and one of their inspectors checks your vehicle and amends your paperwork.

After that you have to inform the MOT inspector every year that the reading is in km, otherwise he'll see mph on the speedo and assume that the odometer is the same.

If I was you, and you're willing to wait until the next MOT, I would just ask the next MOT inspector if he'd ensure the certificate says km.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

As Mav says, just mention it next time you have a test.

Comment

As Matt and Mav says - just mention it to the MOT man.

(Well, just thought I'd join in the echo...)
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                (Well, just thought I'd join in the echo...)

Comment

Thanks Fellas
                  Had a chat with my local MOT garage and they said no problem, I have previous MOT's in KM so he said it is obviously and admin error and he will sort out at next months MOT.

Happy days and thanks for the replies

Comment

Working...
                  X