Hello all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

Hello everyone,just reg on site,thought id say hi.

Brought a k plate surf yesterday,2.4 auto woth 60k on clock,new tyres,yr mot and new service,£4850 i give,is this good or have i been stung.

Only probs i could see were rusty chrome bumpers corners and air con needed gassing,they doing that and putting new corners on and said they putting a band expander on radio.????????

First time i drove a auto,need to since breaking my back 5 times last oct,hence buying surf.

So,anything to look for then,to watch out for,nice green lanes nr me in essex,any help be gratefully taken.

thanks people,hopefully get to know you all soon.

Pete

Originally posted by Wheelrepairit
    Hello everyone,just reg on site,thought id say hi.

Brought a k plate surf yesterday,2.4 auto woth 60k on clock,new tyres,yr mot and new service,£4850 i give,is this good or have i been stung.

Only probs i could see were rusty chrome bumpers corners and air con needed gassing,they doing that and putting new corners on and said they putting a band expander on radio.????????

First time i drove a auto,need to since breaking my back 5 times last oct,hence buying surf.

So,anything to look for then,to watch out for,nice green lanes nr me in essex,any help be gratefully taken.

thanks people,hopefully get to know you all soon.

Pete
    Hi Pete!! I just hope its Blue - what with you being in Essex!!!

Seriously though - thats not a bad price. Make sure you get a good warranty that includes the head just in case, and forget the bandwidth expander and buy a new UK radio!! (Jap ones work on different frequencies - band width expander is supposed to expand the range of bandwidths to allow you to pick up UK Radio, but unless you're a Radio 2 lover then general opinion is they are not worth having!!)

Just get some pics up here for us to admire, and start grinning...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Not a bad price mate, k reg,s still fetching £6k plus in this area (dealers)
      Welcome aboard
      WD40 "He who Thinks Australian"

Comment

Welcome Pete. You'll find the auto box a bit strange at first. You'll be wondering what to do with the left foot but that soon wears off. You will find the ECT (Sports Mode) handy around town or if towing. The overdrive is handy on motorway runs or cruising on A roads.

Enjoy the new toy. The novelty never wears off!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Welcome to the circus.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Welcome Pete

Looks like you might get some business from the site, one or two people have been asking about wheel repairs, and also problems with valves.

Comment

welcome m8, don't believe all you read about us essex boys, we're not all blue.............well, I was once, but now I've turned grey........literally, sly will be up for supporting the essex blues m8y...

Comment

mmmmmmmmm

well yours is sort of blue fieldsy m8 yea i will class yours as bluey grey lol
                black n tan
                black n tan
                yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

welcome

welcome to the forums i am new here still but everybody here is realy helpful and friendly and have saved me a lot of money already

Comment

Working...
                  X