semi-automatic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• semi-automatic ?

hi all been looking for a car so trina can learn to drive in it must be cheep-small-automatic-4x4 about as easy to find as hens teeth vitara look about right .but have noticed that daihatsu fourtracks come in semi-auto can someone explain what that is please.

never seen it on one of those,but smart car is like a maunual with out a clutch,u just click forward to go up gears and pull back to go down,much like my isuzu truck parked outside

Comment

hu new one on me so if you were to pass your test in an automatic could you drive one or do you need to pass in a manual

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
        hu new one on me so if you were to pass your test in an automatic could you drive one or do you need to pass in a manual
        Manual to drive either, automatic for automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Manual to drive either, automatic for automatic.
          yes m8 i understand that but is a semi-auto classed as a proper automatic ie can you drive one with an auto license.

Comment

cant remeber off the top of my head, but i dont think semi-auto's have a clutch pedal? As long as the car has no clutch pedal, then yes, you can drive it on an automatic licence i belive.
            If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

yes m8 i understand that but is a semi-auto classed as a proper automatic ie can you drive one with an auto license.
              semi auto is classed as auto,if in doubt ask to see v5 it will state auto

Comment

Originally posted by mousey View Post
                cant remeber off the top of my head, but i dont think semi-auto's have a clutch pedal? As long as the car has no clutch pedal, then yes, you can drive it on an automatic licence i belive.
                cd?

Comment

lol doing it now, scrated the other one to #### accidentally, ive got CS4 EXT. here but its proving a right kafufful trying to put it on cd lol but ill crack it in a min.

Comment

Originally posted by mousey View Post
                    lol doing it now, scrated the other one to #### accidentally, ive got CS4 EXT. here but its proving a right kafufful trying to put it on cd lol but ill crack it in a min.
                    tytytytyty

Comment

Seeing as it's called a semi-automatic and not a semi-manual, I'd assume so. Ask an instructor if you want to make absolutely certain.

Comment

@ breakdowntruck2

LOL ok, right?

Got the right files ect.... installed it on mine and it works fine.

I forgot, but dont take this the wrong way, but how good are you at computers?

Because its qiute tricky to insall if you dont know.. i have included a step by step giude 5 teps in total. i dont know if you have somebody that could do it for you?

If all this is ok and you still want it as i have it burning onto a disk now so let me know.

James

Comment

Working...
                        X