Reading!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    I'm from Reading. Well, more Caversham really.

That explains it then
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Stuff Ebay, Charity shops , if you dont mind 2nd hand paperbacks that have possibly been in other peoples "outhouses". Lots of selection and always a few goodies.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
        Stuff Ebay, Charity shops , if you dont mind 2nd hand paperbacks that have possibly been in other peoples "outhouses". Lots of selection and always a few goodies.

Bogus

Aye i'm always looking in those, seems to be mostly womens tosh tho but i've got the odd bargin, the £1 shops are good too, found three rebus books in one go!! £1.99 a piece, (should be £1.99 shops)

Comment

Hi Popeye, thats the one, Gorky Park was adapted from the book, there is a complete series, all of them very good reading, my favourite is Red Square,
          also read a lot of Len Dieghton, another very good author, my problem is once i get a good book and get into the story, i have to finish it, so can read a 500 page book in a day. Amazon is good for books, espiecially if after a complete series.
          www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Googled the author Paul, looks like my next series to read then, cheers, there's several on ebay at the moment, been trying to find three old peter james books (deleted) they come up now and again but very expensive,

Comment

Hi Popeye, let me have the Peter James book titles, get lots of books left at the yacht station here, plus boxes of books for the christmas bazaar. If you pm your address will send a couple of Martin Cruz Smith books i have doubles of, most of the yacht station books are old so you never know what can turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                Hi Popeye, let me have the Peter James book titles, get lots of books left at the yacht station here, plus boxes of books for the christmas bazaar. If you pm your address will send a couple of Martin Cruz Smith books i have doubles of, most of the yacht station books are old so you never know what can turn up.
                Thats very kind mate, thanks, the James books that are deleted are, dead letter drop, atom bomb angel, and billionaire, i understand from his web site that he had a hand in deleting these titles himself and as they were his first novels i'm wondering if they were cr@p and he was embarassed about em but they seem much sort after non the less,
                just thought i'd add his web site, i can reccomend his novels, enjoyed all of em, (aint read the lastest one tho, "dead tomorrow")
                http://www.peterjames.com/
                Last edited by POPEYE; 20 June 2009, 09:53.

Comment

Hi Popeye, will have a dig through the boxes over the next couple of weeks, there are about 40 boxes of books people have left over the years, so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                    Hi Popeye, will have a dig through the boxes over the next couple of weeks, there are about 40 boxes of books people have left over the years, so you never know.

Cheers, i may have to organise a surf train to Greece then

Comment

bah , you cavemen ought to try an e book ,
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                        bah , you cavemen ought to try an e book ,
                        From "E"bay?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          From "E"bay?
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-book

bought one for val ages ago , no more books cluttering up the house
                          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Thats no good to me, i'd have to drag the PC into the bog and i cant see the pic on a phone, i'll stick to the paper ones

Comment

Working...
                            X