yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JAOS Style Bullbar & 2" Body Lift. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAOS Style Bullbar & 2" Body Lift. HELP!

I've finally managed to source a JAOS style bull bar and was feeling very pleased with myself. It arrived safe and sound and was in good condition and all was right with the world......................... ............ until I tried to fit it!

The securing brackets bolt onto the front chassis members but with the 2" body lift the bars are 2" lower than they should be on the body, if you catch my drift.

To be honest I'm scratching my head trying to think of a way to raise the bars.

I know some of you have this style of bars fitted and a body lift, if you could give me some advice, or post some pics of how you modified I'd really appreciate it.

P.S. By advice I don't mean tell me to sell them to someone else!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

i take it they are from tel?and ask surfnlimo to make u sum +2 brackets for them

Comment

Yes they are! No disrespect but I don't need anyone to make the brackets, I've got a mate who owns a fabricating workshop. What I'm after are ideas, although I can imagine it's hard to visualise unless someone has had the same problem themselves.

Comment

How sh!t would it look if it was pulled forward?!

I know popeye will have the solution because hes done it.. Might be worth a search!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
          Yes they are! No disrespect but I don't need anyone to make the brackets, I've got a mate who owns a fabricating workshop. What I'm after are ideas, although I can imagine it's hard to visualise unless someone has had the same problem themselves.
          cool im sure either mark or ian will be along shortly then maybe provide a nice sketch

Comment

You have to grind a bit off Jim so it fits over the bumper
            Attached Files
            Last edited by POPEYE; 18 June 2009, 20:05.
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              You have to grin a bit off Jim so it fits over the bumper
              Any chance of a few pics of how yours is fitted please Ian? I was hoping the brackets etc on yours would be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                How sh!t would it look if it was pulled forward?!

Fairly cr@p mate, the bar is contoured to make it a snug fit around the bumper, I don't want a big gap.. I'm hoping Popeye can supply me with a few pics to guide me.

I know popeye will have the solution because hes done it.. Might be worth a search!!
                Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                cool im sure either mark or ian will be along shortly then maybe provide a nice sketch
                Cheers mate, as you can see Ian's already been in touch.

Comment

Any chance of a few pics of how yours is fitted please Ian? I was hoping the brackets etc on yours would be the same.

Just been looking Jim, see the pic above, cut along the red line same lenght as whatever lift you have and chop it off along the blue one, one of those thin metal cutter discs on the grinder does it easy, (dont forget to do the other upright as well)

Brackets! i can take a couple of pice in the morning mate if it's any help, meanwhile i'll look through what i have,
                  right only close up i can find, thats one of the "L" shaped brackets, I found it easier to dismantle the bars and fit the brackets, then the uprights (leave bolts fairly loose, so you can pull the uprights apart to get the center tubes in) then the three center tubes, then tighten up the bracket bolts, then the end light gaurds, got a pic of your bars and brackets, (i take it it was the one on ebay, ended early cos you crossed his palm)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by POPEYE; 18 June 2009, 20:19.

Comment

Cheers mate, as you can see Ian's already been in touch.
                    no probs,ps couldnt u make spacers out of the bog rolls in frst pic?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      no probs,ps couldnt u make spacers out of the bog rolls in frst pic?
                      Suppose I could, only thing is once they got wet I'd be back to square one!

Comment

Just been looking Jim, see the pic above, cut along the red line same lenght as whatever lift you have and chop it off along the blue one, one of those thin metal cutter discs on the grinder does it easy, (dont forget to do the other upright as well)

Brackets! i can take a couple of pice in the morning mate if it's any help, meanwhile i'll look through what i have,
                        right only close up i can find, thats one of the "L" shaped brackets, I found it easier to dismantle the bars and fit the brackets, then the uprights (leave bolts fairly loose, so you can pull the uprights apart to get the center tubes in) then the three center tubes, then tighten up the bracket bolts, then the end light gaurds, got a pic of your bars and brackets, (i take it it was the one on ebay, ended early cos you crossed his palm)
                        Ah, yes, I see what you've done mate. I'm looking at actually raising the whole bull bar assembley by 2" which may be complicated.

In picture 1 (the one I've bought) you can see that the bar looks higher than picture 2 (hope you don't mind me using your pic.)

I wanted the bar to be the same height on mine as it is in the first picture, hence the need to raise the brackets by 2" (if that's possible)?
                        Last edited by Scorpion; 18 June 2009, 22:06.

Comment

Course i dont mind mate, and i guess it's poss to raise the whole thing, it was just easier to cut it, you'll find tho that it will foul the valence (if you still have it fitted) otherwise no probs, ya just need to make some sort of lifting brackets, the center bars are different on yours, in fact their a bit different altogether, they aint AIBA or whatever are they,?

Comment

Not helping you raise the bar, but you know those two pics ^^ are of different bars . . . and the second one looks better with the top of the bar lower then the bonnet imho.

Comment

Course i dont mind mate, and i guess it's poss to raise the whole thing, it was just easier to cut it, you'll find tho that it will foul the valence (if you still have it fitted) otherwise no probs, ya just need to make some sort of lifting brackets, the center bars are different on yours, in fact their a bit different altogether, they aint AIBA or whatever are they,?
                              No idea what they are mate! Just liked the look of them and the fact they were nowhere near the £300 mark that most bars of that style sell for these days! It would have broke my heart to start cutting into something that cost £300 plus couriers fee.

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                              Not helping you raise the bar, but you know those two pics ^^ are of different bars . . . and the second one looks better with the top of the bar lower then the bonnet imho.
                              Yes mate, I'm well aware that they are different. Ian's are genuine JAOS with three bars on the headlamp protectors, whilst mine are sort of a mix and match!

Comment

Working...
                              X