Clunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clunk

Getting a clunk when I turn left while driving, it does not happen when i am doing donuts, anyone any ideas.

Tim

Originally posted by Tim
    Getting a clunk when I turn left while driving, it does not happen when i am doing donuts, anyone any ideas.

Tim
    Wot surf u got!!!

Profile doesn't say!

If 2nd gen could be steering stops just grease them!
    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

as in the pic
      Attached Files
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Tim

Tim
        is this on full lock? if so could be just the steering stops need greasing ,as when you are doing doughnuts i assume you would be using opposite lock

ship

ps: had a similair problem yrs. ago on a car, ie:turn left and a clunk, turned out to be RHS track rod/end

Comment

Originally posted by ship
          is this on full lock? if so could be just the steering stops need greasing ,as when you are doing doughnuts i assume you would be using opposite lock

ship

ps: had a similair problem yrs. ago on a car, ie:turn left and a clunk, turned out to be RHS track rod/end
          I have a similar problem in the works van. A pronounced clunk if I turn sharp right. It's my oppo's head hitting the passenger window. Lazy git- always falling asleep
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Clunk

I have identified the problem, but do not know what it is called, and can't find the camera.

2.4 93 surf

just behind the drivers side wheel is some form of ball joint, a rod comes from the rear of the vehicle and bends behind the wheel and connects onto a ball joint that then goes vertically down and connects to the wishbone area. The rubber bushes have all degraded.

Anyone got a suspension diagram, or know what its called, is it safe to drive until I can get it done.

Thanks again to all

Tim

Comment

sounds like anti roll bar connection?
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X