And they're off!!!.........the stickers and glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And they're off!!!.........the stickers and glue

Well, finally had time to spit and polish the new arrival with the stickers off, and I never want to remove decals again!!!!!!!!!.

The glue finally came off with a rubbing compound mixed with water, then tcut, then polish.

Our opinion is that they are staying off, cos it does look better.

Just got to get the rear mirror working, I can hear the relay clicking in the spoiler, just gotta take the plunge and remove the spoiler, but after two days of taking off decals, and a bonce and neck the colour of a lobster its gonna be another day
    Attached Files

Very NICE fieldsy welcome to the world of the INTERCOOLER. Like the colour a lot.
    Still thought it looked good with the graphics.

Your gonna have to change your sig now.

Comment

Defo better without stickers. Tis a bugger of a job tho innit.

Comment

Lose the wind deflectors and it'll look great. I took mine off. Looks better but i get wet when I open the window a bit. Also the wind makes the window glass resonate. I'm having a love/hate realtionship with them.

Nice shiny motor though. I agree that it's better without the graphics.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Wind deflectors are harder to remove than the stickers!!! More glue and more hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
            .........Our opinion is that they are staying off, cos it does look better.........
            Have to agree, looks excellent now, very tasty.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

niceeeeeeeeeee

corrrr wot a lovly motor m8 lol yep glad ya ditched the stickers
              black n tan
              black n tan
              yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo7
                Wind deflectors are harder to remove than the stickers!!! More glue and more hassle.
                don't get me started about removing the wind deflectors!.... took mine off over the weekend and NEVER again... if I'd known what was in-store while they were still on I'd have left well alone

still, now they're off I'm glad I did it , makes her look much nicer imho

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
                  Well, finally had time to spit and polish the new arrival with the stickers off, and I never want to remove decals again!!!!!!!!!.

The glue finally came off with a rubbing compound mixed with water, then tcut, then polish.

Our opinion is that they are staying off, cos it does look better.

Just got to get the rear mirror working, I can hear the relay clicking in the spoiler, just gotta take the plunge and remove the spoiler, but after two days of taking off decals, and a bonce and neck the colour of a lobster its gonna be another day
                  just out of interest - what rubbing compound?
                  Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X