Crashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashed

Just smashed my surf into the back of a rover which has gone into the back of a vectra.

My Surf need a new bonnet, nearside wing, indicator, Bumper, Grill and sumpguard.

Rover is written off.

Vectra needs a bumper.

If the insurance company wants to know where to get the parts, can they still all be got from Toyota?? I'm fully comp so I'll just have to pay the excess. I'm just glad no one was hurt!!

My wife's been very good about it, I wasn't driving fast (about 20mph) but when a 2 tonne bungalow hits a stationary car, it just destroy's it.

Oh well, been a great day other than that!

www.milneroffroad for panels etc. but ins will use genuine toyota with a huge increase. but as your not paying dont worry 4runner panels are the same, i presume yours is a 2nd gen

p.s hope you are both ok mate
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      but ins will use genuine toyota with a huge increase.

p.s hope you are both ok mate
      Depends on Insurance Co . Some like the one I work for will look at the best and CHEAPEST way of repairing a vehicle .
      If you suggest a patent part , second hand part or a discounted supplier who can provide parts quicker , the Engineer (like me, but uglier) should listen to YOU as the Insured and look into what you suggest .
      If I was to inspect your damaged vehicle and you were to say you knew the best place to get the bits then I would go there . Heck , us Engineers want a quiet and easy life . Apparently we all play golf every day at 3pm .
      Hope this is of help
      Any probs drop me a PM and see if I can help you further

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thats good to know rick as some parts may have to come from JAPAN
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

I've had more or less the same repair done a few weeks back to one of mine and all the bits you mentioned are UK stock with the possible exception of the grille. UK Stock should take less than a week to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
            I've had more or less the same repair done a few weeks back to one of mine and all the bits you mentioned are UK stock with the possible exception of the grille. UK Stock should take less than a week to arrive.
            Yeah , like Elvz says , import parts are now becomming big buisness and Jem ,near me , fly stuff in regular each week from japan.

Rick
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Cheers guy's, Yep Were fine - a little shaken up but ok now the beer's flowing freely! Not too worried about the damage though, I needed the bonnet, and bumper repainting anyway, and the chrome on the grill was starting to get pitted! I've even said the scuffs on rear wheel arch were from it, so hopefully they'll spray that too. That and a full polish was going to cost me £150, my excess is £250, so £100 for shiny bumper and grill isn't bad. I'd like to get clear indicator lenses put on though.

Thanks again - I'll keep you informed (and no doubt ask more questions)

Sam

Comment

I'm glad you're all ok Sammy!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                    Depends on Insurance Co . Some like the one I work for will look at the best and CHEAPEST way of repairing a vehicle .
                    If you suggest a patent part , second hand part or a discounted supplier who can provide parts quicker , the Engineer (like me, but uglier) should listen to YOU as the Insured and look into what you suggest .
                    If I was to inspect your damaged vehicle and you were to say you knew the best place to get the bits then I would go there . Heck , us Engineers want a quiet and easy life . Apparently we all play golf every day at 3pm .
                    Hope this is of help Any probs drop me a PM and see if I can help you further

Rick
                    We still up for that game of golf or two Rick, 3pm ok???.....hehehe

Comment

all the japanese come here to play golf... aparently it's cheaper to fly here for a weeks golf than to join a club over there!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I'll play golf, I cant work anyway without the car - Just need someone to pick up my clubs for me (or see how far an electric golf cart can get, I wonder how it would perform offroad with a suspension lift??)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X