what do you guys think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
    If you keep it more like "Toyota hilux surf Monster truck limo..

Then i'm sure it would get hired!

It needs to be a monster truck limo! Stock, your exactly right.. no one would be that interested unless it was cheap.

But as mark said in his first post about some 35's?! I'm guessing the plan is to go a lil nuts!?
    Oh, I can well see some bird in her wedding dress appreciating having to hike her dress up and getting a leg-up.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      Oh, I can well see some bird in her wedding dress appreciating having to hike her dress up and getting a leg-up.
      Granted, That would be awkward.

But personally I'd see it more as "bunch of lads want a limo.. want somet a lil bit different.. "

The only real issue is a Hummer is a fair chunk wider than a Surf. Im not sure how well it would fit cramming it all in?!

Comment

The only real issue is a Hummer is a fair chunk wider than a Surf. Im not sure how well it would fit cramming it all in?!
        If one has the will, one will get it in.

Comment

thanks for all the imput guys appreciate it,but as rod has said i dont do things by half,you all know its gonna be crazy.its not gonna be any where near as long as some of the pics you guys have done,and done very well indeed,appreciate that.i was thinking of just extending it by about 6 feet or so,basically chop the centre section out and extend by another centre section.jack it up on 35s give it loads of lights and a lairy custom paint job lots of chrome and some steps to get in.matt one big thing your missing the point on is a surf would do more mpg than a hummer,so hire cost would be considerably lower.in our neck of the woods its £200 a night to hire a limo.i could quite easily half that cost.ok i would have to look into liability insurance but that no biggy.keep the comments coming boys it all helps in the design,coz im bound to of missed something.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Here we go again
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

dont know what you mean chap
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                dont know what you mean chap

Stretch unimog
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                  Stretch unimog
                  Only cos you want a normal unimog, and Mark will get one first and then stretch it so you cant break it off road...............
                  Working at last.......

Comment

[QUOTE=surfenstein;558421]
                    Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                    That would be SWEEEET!!!! Would it be finished in time for yours??? [/QUOTE
                    dude you gotta be kidding me, how did you get on with the helicoils????
                    Haven't had time yet.....I may have a go today, but the batteries are toast, so I'm taking them out to charge then trying again later..
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                      thanks for all the imput guys appreciate it,but as rod has said i dont do things by half,you all know its gonna be crazy.its not gonna be any where near as long as some of the pics you guys have done,and done very well indeed,appreciate that.i was thinking of just extending it by about 6 feet or so,basically chop the centre section out and extend by another centre section.jack it up on 35s give it loads of lights and a lairy custom paint job lots of chrome and some steps to get in.matt one big thing your missing the point on is a surf would do more mpg than a hummer,so hire cost would be considerably lower.in our neck of the woods its £200 a night to hire a limo.i could quite easily half that cost.ok i would have to look into liability insurance but that no biggy.keep the comments coming boys it all helps in the design,coz im bound to of missed something.
                      You would need insurance but as you said.. its no biggy!

I dont know if you've ever hired a Hummer limo but my parents paid £400 for my 21st for a hummer to pick me & co. up then about 15 minutes down the road, then another 15 minutes down the road before finally 30 minutes to a restuarant...

Bl**dy fantastic! Apart from my dad who had issues with the 'bl**dy loud music'

But still.... Hummer limo = Big money!

Comment

Limo prices round here:

Local 8 seat - £200

8 seat - £400
                        12 seat Hummer - £600
                        12 Seat Cayenne - £600
                        16 seat - £800

Prices include pickup, hour cruising about, delivery to hotel 20+ miles away, collection and return

The cheap one was a local guy doing it as a sideline - unfortunately he was already booked when we started looking

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Granted, That would be awkward.

But personally I'd see it more as "bunch of lads want a limo.. want somet a lil bit different.. "

oh believe me hummer limos are hooggeeeeeee...and a pita to get anywhere in

You would need insurance but as you said.. its no biggy!

I dont know if you've ever hired a Hummer limo but my parents paid £400 for my 21st for a hummer to pick me & co. up then about 15 minutes down the road, then another 15 minutes down the road before finally 30 minutes to a restuarant...

Bl**dy fantastic! Apart from my dad who had issues with the 'bl**dy loud music'

But still.... Hummer limo = Big money!
                          did a joday in a limo (hummer 16 seater-32 feet long) and it earned about 2 grand that day.

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Limo prices round here:

Local 8 seat - £200

8 seat - £400
                          12 seat Hummer - £600
                          12 Seat Cayenne - £600
                          16 seat - £800

Prices include pickup, hour cruising about, delivery to hotel 20+ miles away, collection and return

The cheap one was a local guy doing it as a sideline - unfortunately he was already booked when we started looking

thats about right.
                          when i did my stint i used 350 litres of fuel !!!
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

is it only me but i think stretched limos r naff.and to pay all that money and to sit behind dark glass seems a bit daft its like paying for a meal but staying at home .but i must admit to turn up in a big foot or another custom that people can see you in makes sense. a stretched lino is a stretched limo common seen one seen them all .but a 6x6 stretch surf big foot that would stand out .and with a v8 so you could here it coming mmmm like it

Comment

Or possibly some other big 4x4
                              On 37's....anda big 8 litre v8
                              Possibly something like....

A hummer !!
                              Its just the grossest thing I have ever driven, but when your punters climb out of the thing outside a nightclub, they luv it
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

graham it must take a lot of skill driving something like that not exactly made for the roads over here are they.i don't think my eye sight is good enough to revers it using the door mirrors

Comment

Working...
                                X