Help - which model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - which model

Hi this is Steve, need some help & advise. I am going to buy a Surf but would like to know the difference between SSRX, SSRG etc and also between 2.4TD and 3.0Td models (besides the obvious). Basically which is the best model to buy. I have a growing family including 2 Mountain Dogs, so has got to be reliable. Reading several messages and reviews it appears alot of cylinder heads are replaced, why is this? Does the vehicle have an inherent problem with overheating or lack of coolant circulation. Any advise would be appreciated. Cheers

Originally posted by stephen woodward
    Hi this is Steve, need some help & advise. I am going to buy a Surf but would like to know the difference between SSRX, SSRG etc and also between 2.4TD and 3.0Td models (besides the obvious). Basically which is the best model to buy. I have a growing family including 2 Mountain Dogs, so has got to be reliable. Reading several messages and reviews it appears alot of cylinder heads are replaced, why is this? Does the vehicle have an inherent problem with overheating or lack of coolant circulation. Any advise would be appreciated. Cheers
    Steve - there was a design fault with the 2.4 head which meant that if it overheats the head can go. A lot do - but a lot don't. If you go for a 2.4 then make sure you get a good warranty that covers the head and you shouldnt have to worry. Or if you can afford it go for a 3.0. The difference in power is quite marked, the MPG not a lot different, and you dont need to worry about the head any more than any other car.
    Regarding models...dont get hung up on model codes as just about everything was an optional extra anyway!! Just go for a car you like that has what you need and take your time to find the right one - there's lots out there now .. the load carrying area is ideal for large dogs - theres a few people on ere (Koi, Draig, Riverkara etc) who have very large dogs!!
    Good luck!!
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stephen woodward

There are different models from the base SSR-X through to the top model SSR-G (with Limited versions in between), but as Linda said you can get two of the same models next to each other and they will have different kit (Japan seems to behold the options list more than over here). Once again if you can afford that little extra go for the 3.0 L models
      Gaz

Comment

Working...
      X