travel advice pweese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel advice pweese

Hello, does anyone live in or near Cardigan please? as i've (rather rashly) just bought a Jimny for the wife, thought it would be easy to get to on the train but turns out it's pretty difficult. Does anyone know the easiest way to get there via train or bus? i'm going from mansfield notts.
    Fanku!

Well Daniel looks like ya drawn the short straw this time buddy.... there's no easy route for Trains or Coaches, unless ya fancy driving ya self n a trailer @ 200+ miles n around 6+ hours (one way)
    A combination of Train / Coach could be possible City to City, I tried Mansfield Woodhouse - Cardigan ya can find ya own results here....But ya will need a Postcode to search here /www.multimap.com/

Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Get a coach to Cardiff then to Carmarthen then get a local bus to Cardigan.

Or train to Cardiff, Swansea, Fishguard (lovely route) then bus to Cardigan.

Which ever way it's going to be a b4ll breaker!

Or hire a car and take the missus down for the weekend then drive both cars home. Stay in Aberaeron - one of the most beautiful places in God's own country.

http://www.tourism.ceredigion.gov.uk.../aberaeron.htm
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Many thanks for the replies. I think i'm going to catch a train to Aberystwyth, and then take a bus down to Cardigan. That seems to be the only place that has a (fairly) regular bus service to Cardigan, plus it looks like it takes a nice route down, and goes through Aberaeron so that should be quite nice. I think i'll be leaving at about 7.15 am and should get to Cardigan about 4.30pm so i'll take a good book.
        We wanted to go down togther but unfortunately we have different days off work so it would be hard to organise.
        Been to South Wales many times, me and the missus both like it very much, went there on our Honeymoon and picked up the Surf from Carmarthen so starting to get the hang of the return journey now

Comment

Working...
        X