Toyota oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota oil filter

###### 'ell! Its about 3 times the weight of an aftermarket one!

Thought I'd get an OEM as the truck's gonna get some hammer. Will be 3000 mile round trip to France, so new oil / filter before I go.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

How much more expensive was it?

I wonder how much it'll increase your fuel consumption, with the extra weight and all...

That said, you might get away with putting the spare on the roof, use the filter to bring the CoG back down a bit?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      ###### 'ell! Its about 3 times the weight of an aftermarket one!
      They're sturdy, ain't they.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        That said, you might get away with putting the spare on the roof, use the filter to bring the CoG back down a bit?
        He'll have to compensate by having it at the opposite side from the filter though, to balance it out.

Comment

It was £12, so it aint gonna break the bank.

Before anyone asks, no I aint gonna be cutting it open when I'm in Wales this weekend!

Has a real nice feeling of solidity, as though it's been engineered rather than made from an old coke can.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            He'll have to compensate by having it at the opposite side from the filter though, to balance it out.
            True...
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              It was £12, so it aint gonna break the bank.

Before anyone asks, no I aint gonna be cutting it open when I'm in Wales this weekend!

Has a real nice feeling of solidity, as though it's been engineered rather than made from an old coke can.

Shoulda bought two in the interest of science, cause not everything you read on the internet is true ya know.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

i use gen parts only
                cost a lot and the weigh a lot and last a long time too
                good tho init
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

AGREED!

Just replaced all the engine hoses ready for the Pair of Knees run - £69.

Comparing the 115,000 hoses to the new Toyota ones - I'm happy I spent the money - the old ones were bulged, looked ok but..... now they are in my boot as spares.

And it pays to check - the Toy stuff is cheaper than the 'other stuff' sometimes.
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
                  X