Opionions plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opionions plz

I am tempted to convert my scrapper into a trailer ..... more or less just cut it off behind the drives door and fit some kind of support in that end and board/checker plate up the hole add a tow bar and rig electrics using existing lights...

Any thoughts or ideas before I take the saw too it!!

Yes I know it would be heavy but I would only use it once a year for a two week camping trip tow it there unhitch tow it back...I cannot weld and have little or no money to spend to achieve this!

I am still pondering this so any advice/comments would help make my mind up. What do you think any thoughts!!

Cheers
    Mark

id love to do that,but you will need welding and fabrication to do it tho,id do it,but everything costs

Comment

Go for it....
      I have seen one before the fella left the roof on and the back as it was so it was a closer trailer...

Looked the business....
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

My thoughts where to leave it whole just slice the front off!! and fill/support hole. I may get a friend to weld up a support frame if as BDT says it needs it. If I do do it ...... looking likely just for a laugh!!

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
          My thoughts where to leave it whole just slice the front off!! and fill/support hole. I may get a friend to weld up a support frame if as BDT says it needs it. If I do do it ...... looking likely just for a laugh!!
          nothing stopping u runnin elecs to run back window too lol

Comment

you would need window to operate otherwise you couldn't open the tailgate.

go for it, it would look brilliant, seen a mini years ago with this setup, trailer mini was painted in same colours too.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I reckon if you use the chassis crossmember that supports the transfer case (might need to relocate on chassis) you could work off of this to make a hitch, close the hole, run the electrics and away you go.
              It will be a ###### heavy trailer though, I imagine you will be stripping off the fuel tank and any other unnecessary bits, what about braking though? If the weight of the trailer exceeds a certain amount it will need to be braked.
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                I reckon if you use the chassis crossmember that supports the transfer case (might need to relocate on chassis) you could work off of this to make a hitch, close the hole, run the electrics and away you go.
                It will be a ###### heavy trailer though, I imagine you will be stripping off the fuel tank and any other unnecessary bits, what about braking though? If the weight of the trailer exceeds a certain amount it will need to be braked.
                750kg

Comment

I would imagine you could cut the chassis rails just in front of the B pillar and crank em in and re weld it. You will need to cut off the front suspension mounts which is, I imagine, a bit of a faff. You will need to spoof up some wiring to run a seperate battery for the rear window, and sadly the front door locks will not fit the rear doors, so you will need to rig something to make them secure. The hand brake can be repositioned to keep that working.
                  Other than that, I would imagine it's all pretty straight forward. (as long as you can weld...)
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Keep the fueltank for long range use - just make up a connection and you'll be sorted !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      750kg
                      I kinda set that up for you, cheers mate.
                      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        I kinda set that up for you, cheers mate.

Comment

Has to be twin axle over that weight as well as brakes.
                          Might be okay if you just carry your packed lunch in the trailer.
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            hmmm maybe turn it into a buck trailer then?

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                              How do all these single axle caravans get round that, then?
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X