New intercooler installed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice install Ross.

Who cut the bonnet open? Bottom twitching moment eh? The scoop looks a really good fit.

I noticed the long hill run thing too - you'll also find it'll hold top gear longer. Next you'll be getting 500km's per tank!!!!
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I finally got the balls to cut it myself! the guy over the road came over thought i had lost the plot!!! the hole needs to be cut a bit bigger underneath as i left plenty on underside! also need to get some black mastic stuff to get a better seal!

Comment

Find some arboseal, brilliant sticky black putty you can mould and it never dries out.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
          Its from a Mitsi L200 the install guide is here

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/performance.htm

its actually a very good site!! i have a WRX intercooler if anyone wants it?

write up here
          http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...coolingtop.htm
          i have an L200 cooler on my 2.4TD..
          i pondered about installing it on my 3.0 but i didnt think the ID of the pipework would be large enough..

but now i rethink, i wouldnt want it too big anyway as then you would loose boost pressure. since you have noticed an improvement i will probably move it over to my 3.0.
          how did you do your scoop? im no good with drills or things like that.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I have all the bits to install same IC on my 3.0. It is nothing like as easy. There's quite a lot of bracketry to make, the inlet to modify (or fab a new inlet), throttle and kickdown cables to move...
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              I have all the bits to install same IC on my 3.0. It is nothing like as easy. There's quite a lot of bracketry to make, the inlet to modify (or fab a new inlet), throttle and kickdown cables to move...
              When you get all the stuff done, could you double it all, then we'll have a day to do yours, and mine
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

The new inlet plate is the bit I cant do cos I cant weld. Spanner Dave (aka Flower Arranging Dave) said he'll have a go, so if he makes mine, I'll get him to make two.

The bracketry I'll do, its just a faff and at the mo I haven't got the time.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  i have an L200 cooler on my 2.4TD..
                  i pondered about installing it on my 3.0 but i didnt think the ID of the pipework would be large enough..

but now i rethink, i wouldnt want it too big anyway as then you would loose boost pressure. since you have noticed an improvement i will probably move it over to my 3.0.
                  how did you do your scoop? im no good with drills or things like that.
                  I made a template of the scoop out of card then drilled in and jigsaw out the hole far easier than i was expecting!

p.s that is a 2.4 install! the 3.0 as andy says looks allot more involved!!

Comment

oxy-acetylene... much more fun.
                    might do it indoors out the rain on the living room carpet

... thanks for the tip!
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X