yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yahoo

Off to York for a week tomorrow for a week of fishing and sightseeing. By the weather forecasts we are going a week too late. Thats about normal for us, we are always told "you should have been here last week the weather was glorious"
    Apart from when I picked the Surf up this will be the first good run its been on so a good chance to check the mpg. I know that my big problem in trying to get a reasonable fuel consumption is my heavy right boot. With a lot of concentration and patience I,m hopeing to get 27+ so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Cheers Brummie

must stay out of outside lane must stay out of outside lane must stay out of.................
    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Hope you have a good week Ian , even if it is a little wet Will catch up with you when you get back

Comment

have a good trip , were bouts ya fishing like?
      If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

Thanks Andy I,ve already packed my waterproofs. [QUOTE=mousey;556732]have a good trip , were bouts ya fishing like?

We.re at York Lakeside Lodges just off Moor Lane
        Last edited by Brummie; 6 June 2009, 01:16.

Comment

ah still a bit away from me then, i'll be down thrisk way at woodlands lakes, got a match on thier on sun, but the weather is looking rather crappy lol.

Enjoy your hols anyways

Comment

Originally posted by mousey View Post
            ah still a bit away from me then, i'll be down thrisk way at woodlands lakes, got a match on thier on sun, but the weather is looking rather crappy lol.

Enjoy your hols anyways
            My brolly,s in the rod bag and I,ve just sorted out my dayshelter. Trouble with the shelter is that I cant fish the pole when Im under it.Keeps the weather off though

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
              My brolly,s in the rod bag and I,ve just sorted out my dayshelter. Trouble with the shelter is that I cant fish the pole when Im under it.Keeps the weather off though
              lol sounds like you have the korum day shelter?

I very rarely use a brolley nowdays, gets in the way alot and can be a nightmare in the wind lol. I was contemplating getting a brolley with side vent so you can ship the pole through, but sacked that idea just bought a better bib'n brace

Comment

Yes got the Korum . My problem is trying to find a bib and brace that will go round my gut. They dont seem to make fat barsteward size

Comment

lol i am lucky, i work in a couple of tackle shops near me, so get to see all the new gear of the reps infact my box has finally just turned up about a week ago (new prestons X6S) very happy with it, was hoping to try it out this weekend but i have got round to swapping alll the gear over yet.

My dad also doesn fishing and is and out-an-out tackle tart, all of his fresh water and coarse gear is korum or prestons, looks good on the bank/peg tho

Lol surely one company must do a decent bib'n'brace in your size?

Comment

I could get one at how mucking futch? prices but cant justify the cost as I,m a pleasure fisherman and on a fixed income (I dont work) and if the BOSS found out................... well Im no coward, but cut very easily.

Comment

Working...
                    X