new windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new windscreen

bored on holiday at home... ordered a new windscreen!
    autoglass are gonna call back within an hour... lets see what they say when they get here!!

done through insurance £50 doesn't affect no claims

i said it was a stone off a lorry did it!... um.... it was on a track in silchester!!

ssshhh!!... hope they don't browse this way!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

well... he called back... tuesday morning he's coming with a 1998> hilux screen which might not fit... to be honest, i don't care... but i'm having fun!

might go to quik fit for an exhaust now!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
      ... to be honest, i don't care... but i'm having fun!

might go to quik fit for an exhaust now!
      Good man!
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Don't be rotten! They came with a pickup screen for me first time, then another three day wait while they got one for a 92 4Runner. Speak to the guy nicely and he will be able to save your chrome trim ( I had read on here that most fitters just rip it out, bend it up and put the generic black one in ). If he says they cant do the chrome tell him the Luton fitter managed it
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

i refused new screen as chrome trim would be damaged the fitter agreed & ordered it. i had toyota hiace windscreen on the first visit. when you tell them its a surf also mention its the same as a 4runner
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

i don't have the chrome anyway, it's a bonded screen i think the pick up one should fit as it's pretty much the same looking apart from the grille and bonnet lump...

it was strange cos the bird at the call centre had no trouble but the fella that phoned later didn't have a clue!

Comment

he's outside now!

he's measured and reckons it will fit...
              just called his mate to help cos he can't reach!...
              fingers crossed it fits once the old one's out and it doesn't rain tomorrow!!...

saves me cleaning it! the old one's filthy!

Comment

hmm... he's got the old one out!... still waiting for his mate to come and help!... feel a bit guilty cos i haven't made him a tea!...

just talking to him, he reckons he had a hilux with a sd1 v8 in it.... 4 1/2 ft to the sill and his mrs couldn't get in it!... i reckon he's a bit billy!

hey ho, nowt else to do!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                  hmm... he's got the old one out!... still waiting for his mate to come and help!... feel a bit guilty cos i haven't made him a tea!...

just talking to him, he reckons he had a hilux with a sd1 v8 in it.... 4 1/2 ft to the sill and his mrs couldn't get in it!... i reckon he's a bit billy!

hey ho, nowt else to do!
                  Make him a cup of tea then when he comes to tell you sorry it dont fit after all you can pour it over him.

Ask him what sort of lift etc he had on it see if hes really really billy.
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

well.... it fitted!

he did drive off quite quick though!

he's had it all stripped apart, wipers off and all the trim from around and the heater grille bit from under the bonnet.

he reckons it's a slightly different tint (but i didn't realise the other was tinted!)
                    i've gotta leave it for an hour or so for the glue to cure (longer if poss)

so for future, the 3rd gen takes a 97> hilux screen

Comment

da SLUG man.
                      any problems with your windscreen?
                      mine has just gone on a 96 3rd gen, just wanted to check that i need to order a 97 hilux screen. (its our only vehicle so cant really afford to take a chance that the call girl at auto glass knows which one)
                      cheers
                      surf shark

Comment

MATTS reply was. so for future, the 3rd gen takes a 97> hilux screen
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                        X