Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo systems.

Are they still called 'stereos?'

Anyway, me Surf has a bit of a crappy cassette player/radio. the sound seems to be coming from the front two speakers only.
    (looks like more speaker grills in the back)
    I'm not looking for anything high end. (I still listen to the Clash)
    will the radio/cassette have a 'euro' style plug? or is it a lash it in yourself job?
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Theres plenty of old goats on here who will understand "stereos" but theres also a parrallel universe where they talk about ICE and head units and stuff.
    Ideally you need an ISO adapter to fit anything european and modern but I dont suppose Halfords operate in Novi Sad so it might be a lash it in yourself job. The "stereo" is bolted in, so you have to dismantle a bit of dash to get the jap one out. Theres a write up somewhere on here if you search for it.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

If you haven't got a branch of Halfrauds locally you can get the adaptors on eBlag ........

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

If you haven't got a branch of Halfrauds locally you can get the adaptors on eBlag ........

Do Halfords have stores in Serbia??? Are we still doing Idiot of the week???

I can give you the wire colour info, but you'll need to wait a day or so for me to get to my truck to look it up in the handbook, where I scribbled it down...

If you have a motor factors store, or just look online for the ISO Toyota Hilux/4Runner adapter.
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Muppet !

That was IRONY - if you check the previous post there's a reference to the absence of Halfrauds in Serbia .......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Muppet !

That was IRONY - if you check the previous post there's a reference to the absence of Halfrauds in Serbia .......

Sorry dude, too late in the day for me, my irony gland has dried up
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

you know, it's one of the plus points that there is no Halfrauds.

I hate that shop!

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                you know, it's one of the plus points that there is no Halfrauds.

I hate that shop!
                Hate em or love em they do do the ISO you need, saves a whole lot of cable testing!! ebay!! dunno! not a lot of good finding it's the wrong one when ya try to fit it, cant take it "back to the shop" aint ya got any sort of motor factors out there?
                getting at the old unit is a bit of a sod, lower center dash has to be removed and i think the passenger side glove box etc, i have the pin outs for the sterio plugs if i can load em (pfd)

no cant load, can print it and post unless Vince can post it on ere!
                Last edited by POPEYE; 3 June 2009, 09:10.
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I don't think it's the original Jap unit....
                  It's a double stack hole, but only the top half has a stereo, it looks aftermarket.
                  How do I get to the front speakers?
                  Or the back ones for that matter, looks like the car was built around them

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                    I don't think it's the original Jap unit....
                    It's a double stack hole, but only the top half has a stereo, it looks aftermarket.
                    How do I get to the front speakers?
                    Or the back ones for that matter, looks like the car was built around them
                    Your not far wrong, you have to remove the entire lower dash to get at the sterio and the front speakers, not as bad as it looks at first, screws and clips,
                    the rears are behind those grills you can see on each side panel, no easy way round them you have to pull off the panels, which involves undoing the seat belt anchors and gently levering off the panels, your bound to break some press clips but if your dead carefull it does come away ok, rear speakers have an "amp" each and the whole deal in in one unit on each side, best bet is to dump them and fit 6x4's on the surface and a decent amp of your choice somewhere like the cubby hole at the back, if you can trace the original rear speaker wires you can reuse em but i'm planning to just run new wires and save a lot of f##king about, the double din telly unit i have dosen't power up the old amps so i have no sound from the rear anyway,
                    the double din slot is for either a double din radio or single din and a small cubby hole tray, easy to change over, if you post a thread to "bushwacker" (vince) i think he has the pinout he can can attach,
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

heres a link to the removal/installation guide and wiring diagram.

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by T1z3R View Post
                        heres a link to the removal/installation guide and wiring diagram.

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf
                        That's no good. Everything's on back to front!
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Thanks honey.

I'll change the speakers out first and see what it sounds like.

Comment

I used that guide today, thanks, changed out the radio without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                              I can give you the wire colour info, but you'll need to wait a day or so for me to get to my truck to look it up in the handbook, where I scribbled it down...

Blimey, how long is your driveway then????!!

Comment

Working...
                              X