yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Folks and errr Help!! I think someits wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the turbo boost light coming on?

And have you done the usual Radiator cap and thermostat change?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

No light on a 3.0.

Check the wee turbo boost sensor pipe hasn't come off. Happened to mine, and those symptoms match. Loads of noise and totally gutless - bit like our PM!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks for all the responses folks...

I didn't know my post was up and I've just read it and half is missing!!

So I'll try again after I've read the replies.

Ta very much

Rob.

Comment

Right then....

Where to start:

I would never drive it in 4WD on tarmac unless it's a flood or there is a nice soft covering of the white stuff. It does need a good service and at some point the air filter has been removed and is still MIA. I've dscovered the OD button and must admit that when its not pushed shes loads quicker.

The previous owner, to get it through the MOT fitted a tv aerial bracket to the end of the exhaust which has quite a tight S shape...I'm thinking that this might be screwing up the flow and acting like an engine brake?

The clutch seems to engage no probs and it changes through the gears smoothly up and down.

I drive pretty smoothly and if I'm coming down the side of a valley...I make sure my toes down to get back up the other side

Tyre pressure were about 20 which probably didn't help.

I'm up for a long trip this weekend so I'll remove the tv aerial bracket, re-install an air filter, make sure that the tyre px's are up and plan my hills well in advance (might need to buy an OS map). I'll also chuck a bottle of Redex in and see how we get on.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Rob.

Comment

Forgot to say it a 92 3.0td Surf (and yes it does say 3.0L on the log book)

Comment

Working...
            X