Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Typhoon class

http://englishrussia.com/?p=2525#more-2525

Worth a look, some great pics of a decommissioned Typhoon class submarine. The most striking thing is the engineering, and the amount of rust. It looks like some old P&O wreck that trawls the Irish sea carrying lorries - not a high tech missile sub.

Back in the day Baby

SCARY

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Like he said there scary boats the russians built, last on the list of prioritys was crew safety, the film "widow maker" (i think it was) got it about right, workmanship around the nuclear reactor was unbeliveable,
      we went to the summarine musem at gosport beginning of the year, beats me how they got anyone to jib out in those things, submariners are a breed apart in my books, did the tour of the alliance (in the pic) very interesting, the simulation of a crash dive and depth charge attack (sound) was fecking scary and the guy said that recording had been made from an attack a mile distant, sonar sound was good and the deisel engines sound is defening,
      Attached Files
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

We managed to get on a tour of HMS Courageous in Devonport some years ago - I've got to say that submariner was immediately added to the list of professions that I would not contemplate for more than three nanoseconds

Shedloads of respect for those that do the job !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

hehehe, what's long, hard and full of seamen?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            hehehe, what's long, hard and full of seamen?
            Dunno, what?

(someone has to rise to it)
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

just goes to proove salt water and steel dont mix, spose thats why the brits paint everything
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

lets face it as long as these subs got onto their station and loosed off the missiles, i don't suppose that anybody gave a flying f--k what happened to it afterwards.
                but i still have a lot of respect to submariners of any country.
                the control panels look like they were made by the same people who made the early startreck panels.

Comment

Working...
                X