Stickers off one side so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickers off one side so far...

Well as the title suggests, I've managed to get the sticker off of one side, those eraser wheels are worth their weight in gold. Only trouble I've got is loads of small bits of glue remaining on the paintwork. The wheel got most off, but theirs bits and pieces left.

The ?????? stuff won't move with either wd40, white spirit or t-cut, I've rubbed tooooooooooooo hard with tcut at one spot and its made a low spot and changed the colour, so I won't be using that again. I really would like another decal.

the measurements are approx 8 inches high by 104 inches long..............so if ya reading Keith, let me know what you might be able to do.

but advice on getting the glue off would be a big help.

cheers

Fieldsy
    Attached Files

3M make a general adhesive remover for automotive use . It will remove 95% of glue used on cars , ie decals , lettering , graphics . It will not damage the paint . There was a thread on here a while back that said Screwfix do a glue remover .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

you missed a bit on the window
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

i used cellulose thinners to get all my sticker residue off, works a treat.
        Looks loads better.

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
          Well as the title suggests, I've managed to get the sticker off of one side, those eraser wheels are worth their weight in gold. Only trouble I've got is loads of small bits of glue remaining on the paintwork. The wheel got most off, but theirs bits and pieces left.

The ?????? stuff won't move with either wd40, white spirit or t-cut, I've rubbed tooooooooooooo hard with tcut at one spot and its made a low spot and changed the colour, so I won't be using that again. I really would like another decal.

the measurements are approx 8 inches high by 104 inches long..............so if ya reading Keith, let me know what you might be able to do.

but advice on getting the glue off would be a big help.

cheers

Fieldsy

Persvere with removing the glue... it looks much better without the stickers!!! IMHO
          Never argue with an idiot... they drag you down to their level - then beat you with experience!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo7
            i used cellulose thinners to get all my sticker residue off, works a treat.
            Looks loads better.
            doesn't that take the paint off???!!!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Get some of this stuff from Screwfix.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...94659&ts=21741

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                doesn't that take the paint off???!!!
                It will if you leave it in a puddle on the roof or summit but some good rubbing with celloulose soaked kitchen roll works fine.

I bought some tar remover but it doesnt work on the gummy residue.

Comment

Panel Cleaner any good? Worked a treat at getting the oil off my rear carpets. Not sure if it just for degreasing bare or primered panels.

Disclaimer: If it goes T*ts up it wasn't me who suggested it!
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

thanks for all your input fellas,

I'll post some pics with the decal taken off, just gotta make a decision whether to replace the sticker or leave it blank.....but ?????? glue spots are winDing me up.............sorry if this post is misspellt in any way as I've just downed a few pints ofg grolsh and I'm A VERY HAPPY MAN AT THE MOMENT...................HICCU PPP!!!

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated, I've had a quote of £85 to replace the graphics.

cheers....................hicc uppp !!!

Fieldsy

Comment

kay & aggie will know whats best to get glue off LOL
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        kay & aggie will know whats best to get glue off LOL

lighter fluid should do it, and only a quid for a tin.

ship

Comment

Working...
                        X