Insurance proof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance proof

Hi. As a brand shiny new Surf owner I have tried to insure the car but the insurance company want proof of membership to a 4X4 club or forum. Has anybody come across this before and if so, what kind of documented proof do they require.
    On a separate not, I must say that the car is magnificent and I'm looking forward to many happy hours motoring

Never heard so much "Tommy rot" in me life, 7o55ers cos ya own a 4x4 (part time in this case) doesn't mean ya go Offroading !!
    Try Adrian Flux n get cover for offroad tooboot ..
    Good Luck n enjoy ya Truck ....

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

I know some places will ask for proof of membership to forums as they offer a discount for members.Lifesure will sometimes ask but they are also members on here so can see if you are a member.
      Give the insurance company the forum web address and get them to look on here for your user name and that way they will get the proof they want.
      As Jess says go to Adrian Flux as they are good
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Sounds like a load of tosh to me, making it seem as if they care about you and your truck so they can charge you a rediculous amount to insure it.

Try somewhere else if I were you.

Hello by the way, enjoy your stay.

Comment

I hereby validate your membership on this forum.

(print this thread and post it to them)
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Hi mate,

Where's Mayland? and don't say between
            Aprilland and Juneland please.

Gman.
            If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

I just printed the forum list for roadsure.
              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Just do be aware that some insurers will ask if you are members of clubs for reducing your premiums but do remember that anything you post on the ones you mention can be used against you to invalidate future claims.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                  Hi mate,

Where's Mayland? and don't say between
                  Aprilland and Juneland please.

Gman.
                  Thanks for the info guys, they only need the proof for reducing the premium (I'm all for that!).
                  Mayland is in sunny Essex, just south of Maldon

Comment

All i done was ask Koi to send me an E-mail to say i was a paid up member, tghen printed it and sent it off.

Comment

Technically, this isn't a club, it's a forum....but can be seen to be a club as some pay subs, and there are meetings throughout the year, but it isn't operated like a club - I'd untick the box you ticked, as I'm not sure that this is recognised as an owners club, and may not have any effect on your premuims - I'd go to Adrian Flux too - oh, I already have
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I just checked the letter and all they are asking for is a copy of my membership card or documentary proof of membership to a forum.
                        I've now printed off my profile page so hopefully that will satisfy them. If it doesn't, then I'll look somewhere else.
                        I must say that it make a pleasant change to belong to a forum where there seems to be a lot of friendly members. i think I'm going to enjoy being a member on here

Comment

Originally posted by robbie1958 View Post
                          Thanks for the advice. I just checked the letter and all they are asking for is a copy of my membership card or documentary proof of membership to a forum.
                          I've now printed off my profile page so hopefully that will satisfy them. If it doesn't, then I'll look somewhere else.
                          I must say that it make a pleasant change to belong to a forum where there seems to be a lot of friendly members. i think I'm going to enjoy being a member on here
                          dont see a blue star tho!
                          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                          Tony

Comment

Patience my son patience. I've only been a member for 2 days and get paid tomorrow. Kepp looking next week

Comment

Originally posted by robbie1958 View Post
                              Patience my son patience. I've only been a member for 2 days and get paid tomorrow. Kepp looking next week
                              not realy having a personal dig ....honest, its just that a lot seem to come on here expect all sorts of advice /help even start being contraversial and expect it all for nought - its realy an oportunity to have a sly dig at those!! Anyway, welcome and I hope you gain as much help and wisdom as I have - expect a 'little' banter tho!!
                              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X