Brake warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake warning

This light in the dash console (BRAKE) keeps coming on for a split second or so, is it telling me its time for pads / discs or the fluid is low/ something else. TIA, Hazzo

reservoir low
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

thought as much, though the brake lines have just been replaced feb with cylinder filled, any other thing to look at before disc/pad replacement. H

Comment

As o'l Sparky says low reservoir fluid does indicate front pad wear... unless ya got a leak somewhere !!

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Just replaced my pads at the weekend, there aren't any sensors on the pads to indicate that they are low. One thing I did notice was, if the reservoir (as already mentioned) isn't topped up to the max line the brake warning light did illuminate.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

cheers boys, I reckon its pads time as they were in there when I bought the truck, no detrimental braking performance so that rules out a leak I'll replace shoes n pads soon, cheers. Hazzo

Comment

i had this too
              hand brake cable fraying? stoped it sitting right in the cab
              cost my nothing to fix but i did spend a load of loot on brake pads first and i dint need em
              cost nowt to check first
              push ya hand brake in fully if the light is still on then ya know
              its just a cheap option to try
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Check the float isn't sticking. By how much is the reservoir low? If it's only a gnat's, they may just not have bled the system correctly when they replaced the pipes. Top it up and see how it goes. It only needs to be a fraction down on full for that light to start kicking in.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  Just replaced my pads at the weekend, there aren't any sensors on the pads to indicate that they are low. One thing I did notice was, if the reservoir (as already mentioned) isn't topped up to the max line the brake warning light did illuminate.
                  as yr pads wear the level drops

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    as yr pads wear the level drops
                    Yes, that's true. It can't be much though as my pads were about 3/4 worn and the level had hardly moved below the max. It was only when topping up after bleeding the brakes that I noticed the brake warning light came on. Topped the level back up to max line and it was fine.

Comment

Thanks lads the level is on the min line of the cylinder and I reckon pads need doing, the H/brake cable is fine and the lever is fully in, I know the level drops as pads wear so will replace rather than top up as you end up with it overflowing after pads are replaced, will order a set. cheers, H

Comment

Got my pads from Roughtrax, next day delivery, for £26.00. Local factors were £23.00, but that was for a 4 Runner. I've been told (by the experts on here) that they are the same, but just wanted to be extra cautious, you can't mess around with brakes!

Comment

Working...
                        X